From Bluegrass to the Ukulele

SkyAntoine

Reaction score
Hey guys! I spent most of my vacation last week getting completely infatuated with the ukulele. I stumbled across covers on youtube and couldn't stop watching. I'm already driving my wife crazy listening to Jake Shimabukuro non-stop.

I've been playing guitar and mandolin for close to 20 years. I'm in bluegrass music country so that's been my primary style, but I love any acoustic music. Usually I take my guitar on vacation, but this year I had limited space and left it behind. Once I started watching those videos it just clicked that this instrument was perfect for me.

It was a major impulse buy, but I just got in my Oscar Schmidt OU280SWK today. Primarily I thought it was a gorgeous instrument with good reviews on the sound. I can't wait to get started tonight and see how terrible I am.

I'm looking forward to the ride and have already found this forum very useful.

Good for you! Bunch of bluegrass players in our neck of the woods, so it will be nice to read about your transition to the ukulele.

Greetings and welcome. You certainly got the "king of the Oscar's" A whole new universe for Oscar Schmidt.Congrats and keep coming back.

Top Bottom