Jazz chord sequences

kypfer

Reaction score
I just found Marcy Marxer's YouTube video of a sweet-sounding chord progression C6 C#dim Dm7 G7 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNmLeDYCYw0 and was wondering if there's a published list of this kind of thing.

I probably don't need tabs or even chord windows, though I'll use them if they're there, (I've got multiple chord sheets). I'd be perfectly happy with links to chord sequences on "other instruments", I'll transpose if necessary.

It's simply a case of this being a new style of playing (to me). I have no reference to it and need to start somewhere :)

Some variations on Marcy's progressions. I call these Turn Arounds. They can be used as an introduction to a swing tune or the last two measures of many tunes in C.

Two beats each: C-5433, A7-6757, Dmi7-5555, G7-4535 (These sound good, maybe jazzier, if you use Marcy's C6 instead of C)

Two beats each: C-5433, Emi7-7777, Dmi7-5555, G7-4535 (In place of the Emi7, you could do one beat of Emi7 and then slide down a fret for one beat of Ebmi7-6666, then down one more fret for two beats of Dmi7.)

You might want to try ending these on a G9-4555 (This can also serve as a Dmi6)

I didn't check out the other thread suggested by coolkayaker1 yet, so if these are mentioned there, just ignore this.

Top Bottom