What's the Scoop on Moore Bettah ukes?

Don't you just hate it when somebody whose work you admire turns out to be a really nice guy?

Chuck -- I don't think you dispelled much of anything. We still want a MB, and we still like you ...

You guys are right, I didn't see post #17. I was only thinking about the showy instruments featured on the Moore Bettah website. And don't get me wrong, they were eye poppers alright! So, having only seen the pictures online, and never having played one, I really have zero qualifications for commenting further. But it's good to hear that the Moore Bettah ukes are fine instruments regardless of their adornments. Maybe someday I'll be luck enough to get to play one!

I had heard great things about Chuck - not only as an ostensibly mythical luthier but also as a regular person. A few months ago, I was lucky enough to find a beautiful and recently built MB that was looking for a new home. When Chuck learned that I had one of his ukuleles, he sought me out on FB just to welcome me to the Moore Bettah Ohana, and he took an interest in me not only as someone who had a Moore Bettah ukulele but also as an individual. At the Honolulu Ukulele Festival on June 20, I was lucky enough to meet Chuck and his equally wonderful wife (who makes beautiful hand crafted jewelry, by the way - you can find it here http://www.alohaartjewelry.com/). He's a warm, unassuming, and engaging person with a heart as big as the rumors said it is, and I can't help but think of the love for his craft that he puts into each of the ukuleles he builds, including my unblinged one.

Last edited:
I had heard great things about Chuck - not only as an ostensibly mythical luthier but also as a regular person. A few months ago, I was lucky enough to find a beautiful and recently built MB that was looking for a new home. When Chuck learned that I had one of his ukuleles, he sought me out on FB just to welcome me to the Moore Bettah Ohana, and he took an interest in me not only as someone who had a Moore Bettah ukulele but also as an individual. At the Honolulu Ukulele Festival on June 20, I was lucky enough to meet Chuck and his equally wonderful wife (who makes beautiful hand crafted jewelry, by the way - you can find it here http://www.alohaartjewelry.com/). He's a warm, unassuming, and engaging person with a heart as big as the rumors said it is, and I can't help but think of the love for his craft that he puts into each of the ukuleles he builds, including my unblinged one.

I agree with Mark...Chuck and Bonnie are amazing people that are so humble and down to earth...nicest people that you'll ever meet....and with their amazing talent to produce the best jewelry designs and ukuleles possible...they deserve all the praise and more for their handmade creations that are out of this world one of a kind beautiful in looks and chucks ukes have the most amazing tone you'll ever play......

Wow I just checked out that jewelry, she's made really beautiful art there. What an impressive couple of artists. Well some people get blessed with abundance. Good for them and more power to them.:smileybounce:

Angelic woodworking?

Jesus was a carpenter. He was probably great on the uke too :)

If I wasnt so old I would want to be adopted by them...Hmmm live in Hawaii making Ukes and Jewelry. Those 2 are living the dream.

Top Bottom