Mahalo HMS

steel rider

Reaction score
I bought a simple set of Fremont strings from HMS. That's all. The A string unraveled and snapped the day after I installed them. No biggie, I probably rushed it. I emailed HMS to ask if I could order a single string or if there are spares they could include with my order for another set. Zach emailed back saying they will just send me a set at no charge, so now I have two sets coming.

Mahalo HMS. Very cool.

You didn't say where they snapped. Sometimes the edges in the tuning peg hole are sharp and need sanded or filed, and sometimes a string gets "nicked" during manufacture or after installation.

You didn't say where they snapped. Sometimes the edges in the tuning peg hole are sharp and need sanded or filed, and sometimes a string gets "nicked" during manufacture or after installation.

Unraveled and snapped at the tuning peg. Will keep an eye on it. Right now have an Aquila Red on there. If that survives then anything can!

This is a prime example of the benefits of dealing with a top notch organization. So many people scour ebay and all the other sites looking for the very cheapest price. Cheap comes at a cost and that is usually lack of expertise and service.

Kudos to you steel rider for sharing a postive experience, most bitch about the bad stuff only.

hahaha, that is exactly what I thought.
"Hey is Mahalo making nicer stuff now?"

Oh gosh, the title of this post made me think HMS were offering Mahalo brand ukes for sale.

HMS has excellent customer service. They are nice folks !

Top Bottom