Recommend a uke under $200

Yooke

Reaction score
Hello,

I have searched this forum for recommendations already but would like more opinions. Would you please recommend a concert or tenor ukulele for under $200?

If you don't have a particular model to recommend, please recommend a brand. The more options the better, thanks.

first uke? Want electric, solid top or a bag? you can get a good uke with one of these options for 200 easy.

I would recommend going with either kala or lanikai as they put out some nice kit for budget minded folks. I can't complain about my cordoba either, but that was the best 100 dollar uke I found on my last search.

There are many great options. To name one, this was one of my first ukes, the Kala KA SC. Solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides. Understated but I think quite beautiful. I hadn't picked it up for a few months since I play one of my others more often, but I picked it up and played it last night again, and I really love the sound.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...g&matchtype=&gclid=CNPq_fvv6L8CFQxp7AodGjUA7w

Last edited:
I went with a solid top from HMS. They had a Luna solid spruce top, which was a great starter ukulele. They also have a solid cedar top electric/acoustic in your price range.

It was perfect with a great sound and felt right in my hands.

As my first "real" ukulele buy, I didn't realize how wonderfully they set it up until I went to a music store that had Luna ukes on display right out of the box. The satin finish on mine felt different on the neck - smoother, and more polished. HMS had dressed the frets nicely, which I appreciated once I saw how they came out of the box.

So do consider whether it comes with a setup such as from Min, Uke Republic, HMS etc.

Call or Email Mim http://mimsukes.com/ . She'll help you find exactly what you are looking for. Personally I would go for an Ohana in that price rage. Their 20 series has Manogany solid top, laminated sides and plays very nice. (if she doesn't have one on hand she can get one quick)

Happy hunting and keep us posted.

Thanks everyone, lots to consider.

Another suggestion

The Eddy Finn line has a wide range of different woods and sizes. some are straight-some cut away-some electric-some only acoustic- They also have a three year written warranty. One I find myself playing is the thinline concert. I am an authorized dealer for the importer. Their website is www.shop-shs.com if you would like to see what they have and the specifications. I do not mention prices in an open post. You can contact me at
thecraftedcow@comcast.net if you have questions

Top Bottom