::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours was one of the last houses in the community to have a real wood-burning fireplace. It's in the coldest room of the house so we appreciate the fireplace this time of year. The only Spare the Air days we get are in the summer when we have ozone alerts. No fireplace conflict there and it gets me out of mowing the lawn.

Wood burners and wood boilers are very popular out here, where we live. If the laws changed, we would obviously comply. I like the boiler better because it's less mess in the house. But there are two benefits of the wood burner that I miss: it did not require electricity, & we could cook on it.

I got my hairs cut yesterday and it's . . . . kinda short and not really my style.

I walked in the door and the first words out of Mika's mouth?

"Did you get caught staring at her boobs again?"

My wife gets me.

I prefer summer and the longer days.

I just read an article Freeda posted on FB about moving by Tony Robbins, I think. I call bulls**t on most of it. He couldn't imagine people living here. Why? We have a fabulous standard of living here. And the cold keeps a lot of the riff-raff out. Nah, I don't like the real cold weather, but I do love it here.

Ben and I are on a fountain pen kick - I could have told you about the history of the pen and stuff...they're fascinating.
Yes I thought of you and Ben. Had it been a nice one, my brother would not have gotten it.

You just got lucky. Harbor Blvd is a straight shot to d-land. Getting on The 22 (see what I did there) is the long way around.

Harbor is a straight shot to D-Land. From Sally's house though, I take Newland to Westminster, turn right, then left on Newhope, then right on Garden Grove, then left on West St and come in the back way by the Paradise Pier Hotel (and the grassy knoll).

I prefer summer and the longer days.

I just read an article Freeda posted on FB about moving by Tony Robbins, I think. I call bulls**t on most of it. He couldn't imagine people living here. Why? We have a fabulous standard of living here. And the cold keeps a lot of the riff-raff out. Nah, I don't like the real cold weather, but I do love it here.

when I look at where we want to settle in retirement, I am looking at a lot of taxation factors. Many states do not tax military pensions, so that is it a real advantage to us. I also look to settle somewhere that has a commissary, VA hospital, military airstrip, and large hub commercial airport. In addition, I'm looking at areas with a low cost of living. Throw in that I would not want to be too far away from either of our families, but still want weather that is more moderate than what we experience here, and we will probably end up in the suburbs of St Louis.

I think that's right.

Kind of, but it's the 22 that merges into the 5, not the 405. So it would be the 405 to the the 22 which merges into the 5, exit Disney Way.

Oh and the 405 does indeed merge into the 5, in two spots in fact, but one is way south of Disneyland and the other is north of LA.

:D

Kind of, but it's the 22 that merges into the 5, not the 405. So it would be the 405 to the the 22 which merges into the 5, exit Disney Way.

Oh and the 405 does indeed merge into the 5, in two spots in fact, but one is way south of Disneyland and the other is north of LA.

:D
they've moved stuff. The 22 does merge into the 5 now but north of d-land as I found out on Thursday coming back from DiPiazzas. And the on ramp to the 22 from LB is a long series of detours right now. So Saturday I left DiPiazzas, got on the 405 east to the 605 north to the 91 east to the 5 south. That was the most efficient way to go with all the current detours and crap.

See. We do talk that way.

QOTD: If you could play a new minor role in one of your favorite movies or series, not an existing character, but you as a new character in that movie or series. What would it be?

Ukulele player in the bar on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Just saw Gary's post. Maybe I could be an IT nerd on Hawaii 5-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom