::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are finalizing our lease and its like owning a house we are responsible for repairs upto $200 then we have to contact the landlord. MAybe this will make my wife decide we should get a house. Also its an older house so she is freaked about lead paint. Me not as much as all the houses we lived in probably have some in it somewhere.

Here in Cali you can't rent a house out that might have lead paint. Ask your county, they will know.

Repairs are you're responsibility? That's crazy and a load of crap. Screw that. Find another house.

Here in Cali you can't rent a house out that might have lead paint. Ask your county, they will know.

Repairs are you're responsibility? That's crazy and a load of crap. Screw that. Find another house.

It is cause the age the owner has no clue if any lead is there. Also the repairs I figure we can swing that. Plus its the only place we can find for the same price close enough.

It is cause the age the owner has no clue if any lead is there. Also the repairs I figure we can swing that. Plus its the only place we can find for the same price close enough.

We also dont wat to wait until the sale of this house and then we are given 60 days to find something. So we are being proactive

When someone offers to bring beer and asks me what kind of beer I like, my standard response is, "The kind that comes in bottles. And if you need a tool to open that bottle, even better!"

Works pretty well, and sometimes you get something good you might not have tried.

For some odd reason I have no problem buying Tecate in a can though.
exactly this. Hubby like his beer in bottles but Tecate is acceptable in cans.

All beer could disappear from the face of the Earth and I wouldn't miss it.
There. I said it.

Nice song, Rob! Love John Prine.

We almost have it memorized. We do it in D (makes the intro and turnaround slides easier). It's the closest thing to a Hawaiian song that we play.

That was one of the very first songs I learned. The very first song I ever played by myself on stage at my local uke group which consisted of about 60 blue hairs. (Yes Damon, that place.) No one had ever head it before. I hammed it up big time thinking people would laugh. When I finished you coulda heard a pin drop. They were stunned, and not in a good way. You woulda thought I was describing a sex act.

Yeah, I didn't get back up on that stage again for a very long time.

$200 buck a month X 12 months? That's a lot of dough. And an old place is going to have repairs. You better just figure it into your budget.

KEN,CALL YOUR COUNTY ABOUT THE POSSIBILTY OF LEAD PAINT. DON'T MESS WITH YOUR CHILDRENS HEALTH. Really, it can't hurt to ask and that crap can really f-up a kid.

$200 buck a month X 12 months? That's a lot of dough. And an old place is going to have repairs. You better just figure it into your budget.

KEN,CALL YOUR COUNTY ABOUT THE POSSIBILTY OF LEAD PAINT. DON'T MESS WITH YOUR CHILDRENS HEALTH. Really, it can't hurt to ask and that crap can really f-up a kid.

the 200 is in case there is a problem that needs dealing with I will check out the lead deal. I am pretty sure this place has lead in it.

the 200 is in case there is a problem that needs dealing with I will check out the lead deal. I am pretty sure this place has lead in it.

A lot of the places here are pre 70s and it is mandatory to tell us there might be lead paint in the house.

Rex is crazy today as a sidenote.

Then DON'T move there. Seriously Ken, do you know what lead can do to kids?

Just spent 10 minutes talking to a mother and daughter about ukuleles, as soon as they left Tookta looks at me and says, "Your fly is open".

plus you're not paying for garbage, water and what else?

Most likely the repairs you'll need under $200.00 are from things you've caused. I think it'll work out for you. That was a nice looking place.

You can buy a lead test kit for a few bucks at the hardware store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom