::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafe report:

Was supposed to be going with son #4 to see Mike Keale tonight, but both he and I are a bit under the weather, so will have to pass. Instead I shall sit home and drink martinis.

We've got a chipmonk in the house
Give him an ukulele!
mbj-p9E63jXFGtHFxPBm3Fw.jpg

Rafe Report:

We are probably going to visit with my daughter and family at another state park. Tippecanoe River SP, which is about 50 miles or so from our house. She bought a gate pass this year and has gone just about every other weekend this summer. Next year I will be old enough to get the senior pass, which cost $20 for the year.

More weird s** at work. Two more members of management have been fired. One was the building head. He was an ass and he brought in two managers that are "above " me. One of them was his buddy and a used car salesman. I don't think senior management is very happy with those two guys. That makes a total of 9 management people fired in the last year. Five of them worked for me.

Now they are moving me to day shift to fix it.

Sounds like they've heard about what kind of "fixer" you can be.

Rafe Report

Tonight
After work I will pick up Angel and go to Penny Lane. We are going to have dinner with my mom and perform for the open mic. Then I will get some of my stuff from my Mom's house and go home. Then I'll end the night by washing my work clothes for tomorrow.

Saturday
Ollie's 9-4
Uke club
Banjo concert 730-930
I am thinking about skipping uke club this time. I need to go make a car payment after work and I wouldn't get to the club until after 515, only to leave at 615 to get to the concert on time.
I think I will go walk around the Yellow Springs Street Fair until it is time to get ready for my concert.
Usually after the concert a group of band members get ice cream at Young's Dairy. It would nice if people would want to jam too, but that has not happened for a while.

Sunday
Ollie's 130-730
Probably should go grocery shopping too

Slept horribly last night. Sirens all over the place all night long. No idea what was going on. Nothing in the news today, so maybe it was just an active night with lots of little things for the cops. Anyway...the window was open and my nose was all stuffed up (so not sleeping well anyway) and I heard every single one of them. AND I took the day off today because I have class tonight...but Annie apparently didn't get the message. Up bright and early.

Happy Aloha Friday PoHos!
Going to figure out something inexpensive to do for our anniversary tomorrow. We have a gift card to Cheesecake Factory and I have a free movie ticket, so for right now that is looking like the plan. I feel bad I can't treat us to a hotel this weekend. We are going through a bit of a cash shortage right now :( but it will get better. Going to do some things we needed to do earlier this year, like stop Showtime and turn in one of the cable DVRs. Sigh. First world problems indeed.
We keep seeing FB posts of all the musicians we usually see on Fridays in Japan, so I don't think there will be any music tonight.

Rafe report --
We are going to Milwaukee this afternoon. Funeral tomorrow for one of our best friend's mom. I will not speed going through the Wisconsin Dells. I was speeding through there on the way to said friend's dad's funeral. I tried to get out of that ticket by telling the cop we were on the way to a funeral and were afraid of being late. The cop told me I'd better slow down or I'd be going to my own funeral. Yeah, right....

Sunday I get to put the outdoor toys away. By myself. Paul is working. Which is making me pretty grumpy. He works all the time.

He's a lawyer. They all work all the time, don't they?

I have class all weekend long. Tonight 6 - 9, tomorrow 9 - 6, Sunday 1 - 5. Throw church in Sunday morning and the weekend is all planned out for me.

Rafe report:

Was supposed to be going with son #4 to see Mike Keale tonight, but both he and I are a bit under the weather, so will have to pass. Instead I shall sit home and drink martinis.

I was a little confused when I first read this. I've always heard being "under the weather" as another reference to being tipsy.

So now I read this as you are under the weather (sick), and are going to stay home and get the 'other' under the weather. Cool.

Rafe report -

Started the weekend a day early, Yay! Got my hair colored and cut, I feel like a new woman.
Tomorrow, packing. We are moving, soon.
Sunday, more packing.

The weather here is wondermous. I love fall and all of the festivals. :D

I was a little confused when I first read this. I've always heard being "under the weather" as another reference to being tipsy.

So now I read this as you are under the weather (sick), and are going to stay home and get the 'other' under the weather. Cool.

Interesting, I have always heard it used as being sick. But I am now well on the way to your usage. :cheers:

I really hate missing the concert, He is so enjoyable, and he didn't come last year, so it has been two years since I have seen him. Just a real nice guy.

Rafe report -

Started the weekend a day early, Yay! Got my hair colored and cut, I feel like a new woman.
Tomorrow, packing. We are moving, soon.
Sunday, more packing.

The weather here is wondermous. I love fall and all of the festivals. :D

Nice, Did I miss something, did you finally find your house? And, congrats on getting your hair did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom