::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, one and all!

Well, it looks like we'll be making a trip to the vet's today with one of the cats. He's obviously not feeling well, and is not a happy camper. He keeps going to the litter box and trying....without success. Poor guy. The upside is that it has made him unusually willing to be petted; he's usually a bit stand-offish. We'll get him in to see the doc and find out what's wrong....

If you have any questions about cat pooper problems, fire away. I'm a bit of an expert at this point.

Same here. I ordered 12 books for my LAST SEMESTER and all of them were used. Saved a bundle!

May 16th - graduation date - just sayin' . . .

I remember that feeling. I was a late bloomer and graduated from college when I was 36. I started back part time when I was 28. I had 3 years of classes to do. I spent the last year knowing there was a graduation party to celebrate all the hard work.

Code:
[CENTER]Old Dogs, Children And Watermelon Wine
Tom T. Hall[/CENTER]

How old do you think I am, he said
I said well, I didn't know
He said I turned sixty five,
about eleven months ago

I was sittin' in Miami,
pourin' blended whiskey down
When this old grey black gentleman,
was cleanin' up the lounge

There wasn't anyone around,
'cept this old man and me
The guy who ran the bar,
was watching Ironsides on TV

Uninvited he sat down,
and opened up his mind
On old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

Ever had a drink of,
watermelon wine he asked
He told me all about it,
though I didn't answer back

Ain't but three things in this world,
that's worth a solitary dime
But old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

He said women think about theyselves,
when menfolk ain't around
And friends are hard to find,
when they discover that you're down

He said I tried it all when I was young,
and in my natural prime
Now it's old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

Old dogs care about you,
even when you make mistakes
God bless little children,
while they're still too young to hate

When he moved away,
I found my pen and copied down that line
'Bout old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

I had to catch a plane,
up to Atlanta that next day
As I left for my room,
I saw him pickin' up my change

That night I dreamed in peaceful sleep,
of shady summertime
Of old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

I think I like it better as a poem.

The dog is being silly this morning, happy and wanting to play. At first she wouldn't get in the car, then when we got to the shop she insisted on meeting some guy who was a few blocks down the street. Today is the second day she walked with Matt down to wait for the school bus. He says she just watches him get on and then comes back to the house, glad she doesn't chase the bus.

Code:
[CENTER]Old Dogs, Children And Watermelon Wine
Tom T. Hall[/CENTER]

How old do you think I am, he said
I said well, I didn't know
He said I turned sixty five,
about eleven months ago

I was sittin' in Miami,
pourin' blended whiskey down
When this old grey black gentleman,
was cleanin' up the lounge

There wasn't anyone around,
'cept this old man and me
The guy who ran the bar,
was watching Ironsides on TV

Uninvited he sat down,
and opened up his mind
On old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

Ever had a drink of,
watermelon wine he asked
He told me all about it,
though I didn't answer back

Ain't but three things in this world,
that's worth a solitary dime
But old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

He said women think about theyselves,
when menfolk ain't around
And friends are hard to find,
when they discover that you're down

He said I tried it all when I was young,
and in my natural prime
Now it's old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

Old dogs care about you,
even when you make mistakes
God bless little children,
while they're still too young to hate

When he moved away,
I found my pen and copied down that line
'Bout old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

I had to catch a plane,
up to Atlanta that next day
As I left for my room,
I saw him pickin' up my change

That night I dreamed in peaceful sleep,
of shady summertime
Of old dogs and children,
and watermelon wine

I think I like it better as a poem.

Oh, no!! It's much better as a song, IMHO. I love Tom T. Hall's voice and the way he sings that one.

The dog is being silly this morning, happy and wanting to play. At first she wouldn't get in the car, then when we got to the shop she insisted on meeting some guy who was a few blocks down the street. Today is the second day she walked with Matt down to wait for the school bus. He says she just watches him get on and then comes back to the house, glad she doesn't chase the bus.

Sounds like she is settling into her own little routine, with walking Matt to the bus stop, then going to work! It really sounds like it is working out really well!

I remember that feeling. I was a late bloomer and graduated from college when I was 36. I started back part time when I was 28. I had 3 years of classes to do. I spent the last year knowing there was a graduation party to celebrate all the hard work.

I was 34 :)

Went back after turning 30.

MA at 38.

. . . but what a ride!

image_zpsm4hgrhy6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is this hen's fave spot. We don't use this grill, anymore. She took it over. LOL

Last edited:
We have a metal scrapper that comes around, occassionally. I was planning on giving him that grill. We set stuff out for him and he knows he is welcome to stop and pick up stuff. We have given him tons of stuff over the years to cash in, including trailers, a small Massey Ferguson tractor, just whatever we have that we don't want at the time...

Guys, prayers, vibes, mojo, what ever ya got, is requested for Son #4 Caleb. He has not been well, and has been losing his appetite, and weight for a wile now, but said nothing to us till yesterday. He has been growing so fast lately, we all thought that is why he looked so skinny. Sue took him to the Dr. this am, and he has lost 20 pounds since October. The Drs. are saying Type 1 Diabetes, they are on the way to the hospital now, because he has lost so much weight, and I am on the way to meet them. Not sure how long the stay will be. Much appreciation in advance.

Guys, prayers, vibes, mojo, what ever ya got, is requested for Son #4 Caleb. He has not been well, and has been losing his appetite, and weight for a wile now, but said nothing to us till yesterday. He has been growing so fast lately, we all thought that is why he looked so skinny. Sue took him to the Dr. this am, and he has lost 20 pounds since October. The Drs. are saying Type 1 Diabetes, they are on the way to the hospital now, because he has lost so much weight, and I am on the way to meet them. Not sure how long the stay will be. Much appreciation in advance.

I will be sending up prayers, please keep us posted!

Good morning, one and all!

Well, it looks like we'll be making a trip to the vet's today with one of the cats. He's obviously not feeling well, and is not a happy camper. He keeps going to the litter box and trying....without success. Poor guy. The upside is that it has made him unusually willing to be petted; he's usually a bit stand-offish. We'll get him in to see the doc and find out what's wrong....

Bet he's got a UTI. Common with males.

Oh my gosh, that is so adorable. What a great dog.

Bet he's got a UTI. Common with males.

Hopefully, that is all it is. It would be an easy fix, that does not break the wallet! I had a cat a few years ago, that had a couple UTI's during his lifetime.

Oh dear. All my positive thought sent your way. They will get this under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom