::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night someone called our landline at ten minutes before midnight, and woke me up. This morning, someone else called at ten minutes before eight, which woke me up, again. What the heck are people thinking?

When I was growing up, we were taught that you didn't phone anyone before 9am, or after 9pm, unless you had a prior agreement with the person you were calling....

And, good morning, one and all!

I'm off to breakfast at McD's, and then to knitting group. Then we'll play some dominoes after knitting. Unfortunately, I have to come all the way home in between to take care of the dog. It's almost nine miles each way, which makes it inconvenient. Oh, well. Things could be worse....

Good morning kids! We cancelled the jam for tomorrow because the weather is supposed to get super nasty. 40's today and rain...so the 2+ inches of ice from yesterday should mostly melt. Tonight it will all freeze again when we drop to the 20's and we'll get 6-9 inches of snow on top of the ice.

Good times!

Last night someone called our landline at ten minutes before midnight, and woke me up. This morning, someone else called at ten minutes before eight, which woke me up, again. What the heck are people thinking?

When I was growing up, we were taught that you didn't phone anyone before 9am, or after 9pm, unless you had a prior agreement with the person you were calling....

We have time zone things now. Because the whole world is involved in communication. But yes, I agree.
Most days at a quarter 'til eight I've been up a while. But the one near midnight, well if it's legit, it's usually bad news at that time of the day.

Aw, I was just missing you, Don. You sure were grumpy when you picked up, though... don't let that knitting fool you, he knows some very bad words.

Midnight phone calls make me nervous. It's normally bad news. Any phone call after 6:00 am is OK, I'm normally awake. Sometimes I get text messages late at night and it drives me nuts if it wakes me up, so sometimes I use the DND function on my phone so it doesn't wake me up. When that is on, my phone won't even ring unless someone calls a couple times. Then it will treat it as an emergency and ring.

Yesterday, on HLN, they were talking about new apps that are popular. They said there was one called Wakey (or something like that). You can use it instead of an alarm clock. It works through wifi, and when your alarm goes off, someone calls you from wherever (can be on the other side of the world) and they get a minute to talk to you and wake you up. I think it disconnects after that minute and I think your phone number remains anonymous. LOL, I don't think I could handle a total stranger calling me when I first wake up.

I think Brown should be easier to spell, 'cause us 'Merkins (yes, I know what a merkin is) don't spell so gud and stuff.

Oh, I also think her political career should be thrown to the vultures.

Sadly, it's probably thriving right now. Look where she's from.

I was sorely tempted to respond when I saw it. WTF is she thinking? That is horrible. Yoshida is so difficult? Names are important to people. It is who we are.

I agree. I grew up with a bunch of folks from Laos. Many of them have 2 names. The name they were born with in Laos...and their American name. I believe that both were still legal names, like this article mentions. A lot of them retain the surname they were born with while adopting an Americanized first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom