::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I didn't realize it was a possibility for them to freeze over. Never really thought about it. I bet people are riding snow mobiles on them. That would feel totally weird. My friend use to take annual trips up to either Wisconsin or Minnesota (I can't remember which), and they would ride snow mobiles over lakes. She said it was a blast. She said it didn't feel like you were "on a lake." But she would feel a pang of fear every time she thought about it.

Up there they can drive trucks out on them. Or drive across them for a short cut, depending on where you are. The ice needs to be a foot thick to do that though.
Also they used to go out to the lakes and cut blocks of ice, then haul them back to an "ice house" to use later in the year.

Drive shoveled, breakfast done.
I have to go visit Dr. Probe in less than an hour. So it's time to hit the rainlocker. Later!

Wow! I didn't realize it was a possibility for them to freeze over. Never really thought about it. I bet people are riding snow mobiles on them. That would feel totally weird. My friend use to take annual trips up to either Wisconsin or Minnesota (I can't remember which), and they would ride snow mobiles over lakes. She said it was a blast. She said it didn't feel like you were "on a lake." But she would feel a pang of fear every time she thought about it.

I know it used to happen back in the '20s, or '30s, I remember, when I was a kid, hearing stories, and seeing pics and movies of people driving old cars across to Canada. Never happened while i lived up there though.

We do it but you have to be very careful. Ice cracks and shelving are very dangerous.

They race cars out there too, weekly. Tuesdays I think, in Hubby's town.

We do it but you have to be very careful. Ice cracks and shelving are very dangerous.

They race cars out there too, weekly. Tuesdays I think, in Hubby's town.

That sounds very scary to me.

Chequamegon bay isn't open lake superior. It is a tad safer. They only lose a few cars a year, usually to ice fishers.

If Chequamegon Bay only loses a few (yikes!), how many do the other lakes lose?

I have spent all day trying to convince myself it's Thursday. Maybe I'm just ready for the weekend. Friday is Angel's birthday. I have the whole day off on Saturday, but it will still be busy. I'm going to uke club and I am doing an ukulele open mic in Columbus. I will probably work Sunday morning and on Sunday night I'm going to watch a dance thing with Angel.

The last two days at work have been rough too. I go home grumpy and I hate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom