::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 5C. This is my first smartphone in 5 years, so I was very excited. Verizon was offering the 5C, with 8G of memory, for free. Well the first smart phone I had was an android that only had 4G of memory, and it was plenty, so the 8G sounded like a lot. I ordered it, and when I finally got it (they sent me a 4S at first), and got some other issues squared away with Verizon, I was very happy. Well a couple weeks into it, there was an iOS update. I didn't know that if I hooked it up through the computer, that it would take less space. So the update hogged up over 5G of my memory. And the rest of the memory is hogged up by these preloaded apps that came with the phone that I don't use. I can't take pictures, or videos or download any apps. Because of the low memory and iOS hogging it up. So basically, all I have is an iPhone with internet capability. For 30 bucks I could have gotten 16G on the phone....they didn't even offer me that option. I may see if I can get the phone to go back to it's original iOS. I can handle not having apps. I really was looking forward to having a good camera on my phone.

You can get some free space on iCloud. You can move junk up there or sync it to your PC and archive some things to your PC.
Be sure you back it up first.
I had to do that for Nanilei's phone. Works well enough now after I did the update via the PC.

I backed it up to the computer, did a factory reset, and then restored it.

You can get some free space on iCloud. You can move junk up there or sync it to your PC and archive some things to your PC.
I had to do that for Nanilei's phone. Works well enough now after I did the update via the PC.

And Deb, I have a 64G and I had to do this to clear up some space too. Got rid of some videos/movies and a lot of apps that I never use any more.

What is a real drag is that it always seems I find out about these little gigs less than 24 hours before they happen and I am seemingly always unavailable. Yet weeks go by with nothing to do.

Lame.

I'm so behind-the-times when it comes to this stuff. I thought I had backed stuff to iCloud. My phone says it has. But when I go to the iCloud and sign in, I don't see anything there.

And Deb, I have a 64G and I had to do this to clear up some space too. Got rid of some videos/movies and a lot of apps that I never use any more.

I am not interested in watching movies on a phone. I know lots of folks love it. I just would like to take pictures and videos.

I am not interested in watching movies on a phone. I know lots of folks love it. I just would like to take pictures and videos.

Cars, Monsters Inc., Up, Toy Story etc.

We've moved on to YouTube videos of MineCraft :)

What is a real drag is that it always seems I find out about these little gigs less than 24 hours before they happen and I am seemingly always unavailable. Yet weeks go by with nothing to do.

Lame.

:( Wish you could go. is there a mailing list or something that you can get on to find out sooner next time?

Cars, Monsters Inc., Up, Toy Story etc.

We've moved on to YouTube videos of MineCraft :)

Oh, we love YouTube. I love watching videos and tutorials. I like recording vids to track my ukulele progress. It's fun! I have learned ukulele stuff, crochet and knitting by watching YouTube. My daughter watches tutorials on making rubber band bracelets and charms. She has started making her own designs and wants to make tutorials of her own (I have not allowed her to yet).

I have a 5C. This is my first smartphone in 5 years, so I was very excited. Verizon was offering the 5C, with 8G of memory, for free. Well the first smart phone I had was an android that only had 4G of memory, and it was plenty, so the 8G sounded like a lot. I ordered it, and when I finally got it (they sent me a 4S at first), and got some other issues squared away with Verizon, I was very happy. Well a couple weeks into it, there was an iOS update. I didn't know that if I hooked it up through the computer, that it would take less space. So the update hogged up over 5G of my memory. And the rest of the memory is hogged up by these preloaded apps that came with the phone that I don't use. I can't take pictures, or videos or download any apps. Because of the low memory and iOS hogging it up. So basically, all I have is an iPhone with internet capability. For 30 bucks I could have gotten 16G on the phone....they didn't even offer me that option. I may see if I can get the phone to go back to it's original iOS. I can handle not having apps. I really was looking forward to having a good camera on my phone.

If a good camera is what you want and you can work an android, I'd go with that. My hubby's android camera takes much better pics than my iPhone.

I'm so behind-the-times when it comes to this stuff. I thought I had backed stuff to iCloud. My phone says it has. But when I go to the iCloud and sign in, I don't see anything there.

I don't understand the cloud thing at all. And somehow when Katie loads an app I get it too. Pisses me off.

I just recently got an LG G3. Lots of memory and takes great photos! I had a coupon from Verizon's website and the store honored it so I got the phone for free! WOOHOO!

I watch Netflix sometimes in bed at night when I can't sleep.

Hawaiians don't plan ahead.

This!
It is a challenge. One time I messaged Mahi to ask him what time he was going to go on at Mai Tai's
He was like, "Where did you hear about that? I need to get going!"

I really want to start some type of online resource for live music so that everyone may be better informed.

If a good camera is what you want and you can work an android, I'd go with that. My hubby's android camera takes much better pics than my iPhone.

I still have an old android...LG Optimus. I wonder if I can still take videos and load them to YouTube, using my home wifi.....it's a sprint phone, and I no longer use Sprint. How does that work, with old devices? Can we use them with wifi?? Or will I get charged by Sprint, or something??

I don't understand the cloud thing at all. And somehow when Katie loads an app I get it too. Pisses me off.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one to understand the cloud thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom