::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to hit Walmart on Saturday. I don't like the place...but they have the Nerf gun we're getting our nephew at a price we can afford - nobody else has it anywhere near that cheap.

I did make our biggest Christmas purchase at a little mom and pop hobby shop in Bloomington, paid significantly more than I would have online, but I admire the old folks for sticking it out.

I love how Taimane transitions to Dust In The Wind.

This is for JT.

I like her playing. It's light, confident and etherial. The movement doesn't bother me, neither does the lack of shoes. She probably left her slippahs at the door. Besides, if I was listening to her I'd probably be staring into a fire while enjoying a philosophical beverage.

Give her a break. She plays well and she has a distinct style. It's not like we have too many uke performers to love.

I did make our biggest Christmas purchase at a little mom and pop hobby shop in Bloomington, paid significantly more than I would have online, but I admire the old folks for sticking it out.

We have one store like that, 30 miles away, but who can pay $20 for a toddler puzzle?

My older sister decided to go to yoga school online...it ended with a retreat in AZ. It was called H@ly Y@ga...weird cause it mixed religion and yoga. Also it was not like Hinduism it was like Protestant religion stuff...

That's just crazy wrong.

I remember taking yoga years ago and my Christian friends (yes, more than one) being concerned that I might get sucked into a cult. I was confused and puzzled. Stupid, naive, uninformed, paranoid and afraid of anything different people.

Yoga has NOTHING to do with any type of religion.

thread_zpsa3d0b553.png

Yo, Pops. How's it hangin'?

Appropriately for the gravity.

Still trying to clear out a nasty cough that's hanging around. It's a damned cliche: clergy sick at Christmas time.

All your papers done?

Went to Walmart yesterday, I hate going there, but where else are you going to find a bunch of cheap presents for a half dozen nieces and nephews?

Yep. Hubby and me went there last night. There are certain lights I need for certain umbrellas that can only be found there at Xmas time. HATE THAT PLACE. I have not set foot in there since last year. Won't do it again.

This is for JT.

I like her playing. It's light, confident and etherial. The movement doesn't bother me, neither does the lack of shoes. She probably left her slippahs at the door. Besides, if I was listening to her I'd probably be staring into a fire while enjoying a philosophical beverage.

Give her a break. She plays well and she has a distinct style. It's not like we have too many uke performers to love.

I like her style overall, simple and light, but I really don't like instrumental covers of pop songs. Bare feet seem normal to me but the camera on them is a little odd.

Appropriately for the gravity.

Still trying to clear out a nasty cough that's hanging around. It's a damned cliche: clergy sick at Christmas time.

All your papers done?

I have one due on January 9. I'm being more disciplined about it this time.

It cracks me up - every time someone brings up Taimane there's a flurry of posts dissing her. Which is fine - you like what you like! I really enjoy watching her perform - I think she looks like she goes to another place when she's playing and her talent is astonishing. But there's always that flurry of criticism...

Haters gonna hate...

Meh. Gimmicky. 8 double A's? That's a lot of batteries and a lot of weight. I didn't read the whole thing but I bet the thing is heavy and I can't imagine it having very strong lows.

I seem to remember they said the weight was in the neighborhood of three pounds. That's heavy....

The one near me is ok, if you go early. Also not on weekends!!

I've only been to a Walmart once to buy fishing gear for James. I figured he was just going to lose the lures anyway so I wanted to get them cheap. I'll go back for more some day, but I'll take your advice and go early.

It cracks me up - every time someone brings up Taimane there's a flurry of posts dissing her. Which is fine - you like what you like! I really enjoy watching her perform - I think she looks like she goes to another place when she's playing and her talent is astonishing. But there's always that flurry of criticism...

I think she has amazing right hand technique.

No criticism. Just don't care to watch her for too long.

Same goes for Jake

::GASP!!::

A student just gave me a quart size Chinese take-out container of Furikake Check Mix.

It's about half gone already and this kid definitely gets an "A."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom