::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Seriously, the role you were born to play.

Yeah but you can reuse it.

The only thing I've reused so far was the shirt. It's a fishing shirt so it has hidden vented panels all over the place. The backpack along with the mess kit stuff I bought is all in a storage box for when we finally decide to give camping a shot. It has everything Russel had. I even had a soda-cap pin but I gave it to a student who was dressed as a young "Ellie."

It was fun. I didn't dress up this year. I told my kids I only dress up when I know I can win the staff contest. So far I'm 4-0 but I only wear a costume about once every four years. In the past I've been the railroad conductor from conjunction junction, The Chairman from Iron Chef Japan, and year I dressed as Gene Simmons from KISS.

Here's one for you, Sally...it's not about sports, per se, but still....

Many years ago I was in charge of Christmas Pageants and Bible Schools at the church we attended. One year the Youth Pastor said the church was thinking of not having the Christmas Pageant because the season was maybe too busy what with school activities, yada, yada.. I just looked at him and asked him where the hell Christmas came from if not from church. Seriously? They actually had the stupidity to think that? Yes. We had a pageant that year. It was the last one I did.

I guess I shoulda seen it then that church isn't very important.
Ha! Maybe the youth pastor was too busy shopping.

Holidays are always busy, I kinda like the hustle and bustle.

I was reading an article about cultural appropriation during Halloween. It was complaining about people dressing like Indians, sugar skulls, geisha, etc. What do you think about that?

Forgot to carve pumpkins last night!

Fail as a dad!

We carved them Wednesday night. I continue my reign as the family's fastest pumpkin carver. I had Annie's pumpkin open and gutted (she refused to touch the goop) and my pumpkin completely carved before anybody else was even done gutting theirs.

Here's one for you, Sally...it's not about sports, per se, but still....

Many years ago I was in charge of Christmas Pageants and Bible Schools at the church we attended. One year the Youth Pastor said the church was thinking of not having the Christmas Pageant because the season was maybe too busy what with school activities, yada, yada.. I just looked at him and asked him where the hell Christmas came from if not from church. Seriously? They actually had the stupidity to think that? Yes. We had a pageant that year. It was the last one I did.

I guess I shoulda seen it then that church isn't very important.

To me church is very important - but if I ran into that kind of attitude I think I would probably decide that that particular church wasn't important and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom