::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raeden went with me when I took the dogs to the groomers. I saw this in the rearview mirror. They fight constantly, but there he was on her lap!

attachment.php

View attachment 71951

Cute picture!

Whoa...there's a chance the Imp could end up just 20 miles from me? Whoa.

YOU BETCHA.

Oh Lauren this makes me so happy! Any of those schools will be thrilled to have you.

Of course you're in choir, we always said you had a beautiful voice.

Let us know which college you pick.

Will do! Since I'm applying early action to nearly all of them, I should know by January. YIKES.

Yeah, choir's become a huge thing for me in the past three years. My director is amazingly wise and talented and I'm super blessed to have been taken under his wing. Though, musical growth does this weird thing where you know you've improved, but also realize stunningly how much /more/ you can improve.

I'm not sure whether I ever mentioned this, but I went to this awesome program in Minnesota over the summer called GRAMMY Camp and came back with all these dreams of spending my life pursuing music and it has felt so good.

Last edited:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

Are you named after anyone in particular? If you had been opposite gender, do you know what your parents would have named you? What does your name mean? Does the description suit you? http://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name

Not a soul. In fact, my dad wanted me named as far differently from him as possible because he thought his name was so plain (Joe Wayne).

First name: Christopher - he who hold Christ in your heart... Is this me? Although I do believe in Christ...not so much. Something I should take care of.

Middle name: Scott - in old English it's derived from the surname Scottas, which mean Irishman. Does this describe me? My mom's maiden name is McGuire...you be the judge.

Last edited:
YOU BETCHA.

Will do! Since I'm applying early action to nearly all of them, I should know by January. YIKES.

Yeah, choir's become a huge thing for me in the past three years. My director is amazingly wise and talented and I'm super blessed to have been taken under his wing. Though, musical growth does this weird thing where you know you've improved, but also realize stunningly how much /more/ you can improve.

I'm not sure whether I ever mentioned this, but I went to this awesome program in Minnesota over the summer called GRAMMY Camp and came back with all these dreams of spending my life pursuing music and it has felt so good.

Hi Lauren. Glad to hear everything is going so well for you!!

Went to Minnesota and didn't meet up with Sukie?? She's gonna be pissed!

You guys saw the booster seat Raeden was in, in the back of our car. Below is the seat we have in my truck, and the van. One of them was paid for by insurance, and they charged them $1,100. I was moving that chair back and forth between vehicles for long trips.

It wasn't easy. At all.

So, on a Sunday, I got the bright idea to call the manufacturer of the chair (Merrit Manufacturing) to leave a message having someone get back with me during business hours. To my surprise, someone actually answered the phone! I told him what I needed, and he asked me what DME I was with. I told him I was an indvidual needing to buy one for my daughter. I explained that we had one that insurance had already bought, and we wanted one for our second vehicle.

His whole demeanor changed from business-like to very friendly when I told him this. He said since you're buying it directly from us as an individual, you can buy from us for $600 delivered. I was so happy I nearly cried. We had $500 left on Michele's healthcare spending account, and the rest we paid out of pocket. MUCH better than the $600 I was expecting.

It was delivered the following Tuesday. A handwritten note was inside the box from the guy I talked to, saying that if I ever needed any extras for the chair (like the cloth cover if it shows wear) let him know, and he would send it free of charge.

Turned out he's the guy that owns the company!

Below is what her chairs look like. The only reason we aren't going to buy one for the car, is it will not fit. I tried it, and there isn't enough room for her legs, even with the front seat scooted up as far as it will go.

MerrittRoosevelt2.jpg

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

consitter, gyosh+

Either Gary isn't really here, or he's otherwise occupied.

Hi Lauren. Glad to hear everything is going so well for you!!

Went to Minnesota and didn't meet up with Sukie?? She's gonna be pissed!

hahaha, we weren't allowed to meet up with anyone anyway. It was a residential camp. I would've liked to, and she knows it, too!

Vaporizer. Pain relief occurs in a couple of minutes or less. It's very easy to monitor dosing with such immediate feedback.

Edibles can take up to an hour or more to take effect. Aside from taking so long to help with pain relief, having to wait so long to judge its effectiveness can make it difficult to get the "right" dose.

In addition, unlike smoking or vaping, edible forms are very easy to get overly "intoxicated" on, as incidents in Colorado and elsewhere are showing.

That said, many like edibles for more public consumption, and they can be a great sleep aid, especially for chronic pain sufferers.

I bake my own edibles. I've done it enough I've got my dosage right where I like it.

The nice thing about the patches are they will be an exact dose. And with the CBD patches and creams it's strictly a pain killer.

hahaha, we weren't allowed to meet up with anyone anyway. It was a residential camp. I would've liked to, and she knows it, too!

Understandable, I guess. With all the crap happening these days, I'm sure they kept a tight leash on anything going on outside the camp. Or they didn't let you all go outside at all.

What a shame. When I was young, when we went to band stuff like competitions, we were turned loose (even in junior high years), and allowed to wander the college campus and town. We only had to be at the music hall when we were performing our solos, or when it was time to get on the bus to go home. Nobody ever got in trouble, either.

Times, they have a'changed.

Beautiful!!

I notice the guard rail are a dark rust color. Is that road maintained by the national park system? In the two national parks I've been in (Smoky Mountains and Lake Vesuvius), the guard rails are the same color. Maybe they're cheaper?

Either they're less expensive, or perhaps it's a corrosion preventative coating to enhance longevity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom