::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bummed. Because of Jon's encounter with the deer I'm not going to get to see him this trip.

Stupid deer.

That is a total drag. And I understand about not wanting to drive to Corona. Although there is an In-N-Out there where you could meet...

Good morning, one and all! And welcome, UkeMania! Time to drive across town to see about getting my wife's laptop looked at.

I think it may require an exorcism. Any of you folks up for that? ;)

Sorry, I can't help. Still waiting to take Exorcism 101 at seminary. :p

I'm hungry. Time to eat lunch. Turkey sandwich, carrot and celery sticks, and an apple. Pretty much what I eat for lunch every day.

How long have you been playing?

We have long timers and short timers here.

You'll probably find sooner or later that our ukulele playing is more than just making music. For a lot of us it is a mental health practice as well.

Being a clergy couple was cool at the beginning, but 30 years ago the church really didn't know how to deal with clergy couples. Our job tracks split and we've never managed to steer them back together.

Well, I haven't been playing for long. I've had a uke for 2 years but didn't find time to play it. That Dolphin has changed things a good bit! Gonna get a shark, too, I think.

Being a clergy couple must have its ups and downs. As a PW, people always thought they were getting two for the price of one! And sometimes it was two for the price of less than one!

As to the playing being mental health practice, I'd say it's going to be so for me as well! Very fun and stress reducing! Lord knows I need that! Just have to allow myelf to play every day no matter how busy I get . . .

Yes he will :)

View attachment 72123
View attachment 72124
View attachment 72125

This is my played-more-by-others-than-me Compass Rose Ukuele. It's adirondack spruce top sprayed black with white binding and abalone purfling around the body and headstock (because the fretboard would have been too much bling :) ). The back and sides are cherry with ebony saddle and fretboard. The inlay is my family crest (mon in Japanese) which is also abalone. Strung with Southcoast ML-SW strings for now (it's set up allows for Savarez wound strings as well).

Thanks for noticing :)

VERY nice!

What sounds good for dinner? I'm all focused on this baked apple recipe and now hubby wants real food. What a drag.

I'm skipping dinner tonight. Trying to taper off a stomach med and it has me all messed up. I'll just drink instead.

Ugh! Hope your stomach is on the mend soon!

My UGH is that I am trying to read Race by J. Kameron Carter so I can write a chapter summary. Do NOT read this book if you care about your sanity! Carter doesn't know how to talk so that most people could understand what he is trying to say. Even the class professor struggles with the book and his PhD is from Harvard!:wallbash:

I hate it when they put multi day assignments in as one assignment. I can't pick up the three days I CAN work because of the one day I CAN'T. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom