::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a month ago I went to buy something and my card was declined. I checked with my bank and someone had cleaned out my account at Starbucks in $100 increments. Called Mike to make sure he hadn't drank a whole lotta coffee. Bank took care of everything.

I'm back to using cash whenever I can.

They're applying for credit online at places like Amazon, JC Penny, Lowes, etc. I'm just worried that one of these dumb companies eager for new credit customers issues them a card with very little information.

Spent a few hours calling my card companies and also the credit bureaus. Hope I'm in front of this.

No. Still working midnights, and most likely will be for the rest of my career.

I just won't announce myself as "the Night Shift" the nights I work. I think posting about work every night got offensive to some, and I don't want to be that way. This should be a happy place for all, and I never want to drag that down.

"The Night Shift" with Henry Winkler, Shelly Long and Michael Keaton was hilarious. "This is Chuck to Bob, 'SHUT UP!'"

I like their earlier stuff, before Nathan Aweau went solo.
Watching PBS Hawaii tonight - Cyril Pahinui, Peter Moon, Jr. And Jeff Au Hoy. Jeff is the one who posted the pic of me playing at the Canoe Hut. Love it here!

That post was so cool.

I felt proud of you and I had nothing to do with any of it :)

I'm in PA! Maybe I'll see you there!

Erie, PA would be a long walk for Ken.

Rich is in Erie? Sometimes my wife and I go there just to have Chick-Fil-A. We go in time for lunch, spend some time in Presque Isle state park, go back to CFA for dinner, and then drive home. Have I mentioned that we love CFA?

Last edited:
They're applying for credit online at places like Amazon, JC Penny, Lowes, etc. I'm just worried that one of these dumb companies eager for new credit customers issues them a card with very little information.

Spent a few hours calling my card companies and also the credit bureaus. Hope I'm in front of this.

Ugh. What a hassle! Sorry you're having to deal with this....

I could, and in a couple of years I will. I plan to transfer to the Pacific Northwest Conference and pastor until retirement in the Seattle area. Can't do it until the youngest (with the trainer wife) graduates from high school. Until then it's not an option.

Anywhere from that size to under 100 in average weekly attendance. The church I'm serving now is quite dysfunctional in a lot of ways. I'm working hard to reverse trends that started long before I got here, and reached near-hopelessness by the time I got here. There was a mass exodus of the under-50 crowd toward larger congregations in town, and it's still rippling.

The youth leader from one of those large churches asked me one day, "who is the youth leader at your church?" I answered, "I am." The truth that I did not speak was, "No one, because all of our youth left us to go to your church."

Yay!

We'll have another left coast PoHo :)

There is supposed to be a local girl auditioning for The Voice tonight. She reportedly goes (or went) to our local high school. I watch the show any way, but it would be fun to have a local contestant to root for....

I was talking to a fellow UU'er Sunday at the Uke Jams festival and he was talking about how he bought a uke and he hadn't told his wife yet (two months). And then he made some similar comments later when I was talking about wanting to buy a guitar. He asked me if I had asked permission to get the guitar and I said my wife wouldn't mind at all that in fact she would encourage the purchase if it would make me happy.

He laughed and obviously thought I was joking so I called Mika, put her on speaker and said "Hey honey, I might stop off and buy a guitar on the way home."
She knew I had been looking at the Taylor.

"Don't buy the cheaper one just because (Baby Taylor vs GS Mini) it saves money, buy the one that sounds better and get some milk for James on the way home."

Kelvin?

Mind blown.

(We're discussing relationships in class and it got me thinking about people in relationships that are kind of in fear of each other)

Time for me to get organized and head out. I'm doing my volunteer driving thing today, but first I need to get the dog up, get him walked, give him his meds and give him a snack. I need to do that, and leave time for my lunch before I pick the lady up. BBL....

I was talking to a fellow UU'er Sunday at the Uke Jams festival and he was talking about how he bought a uke and he hadn't told his wife yet (two months). And then he made some similar comments later when I was talking about wanting to buy a guitar. He asked me if I had asked permission to get the guitar and I said my wife wouldn't mind at all that in fact she would encourage the purchase if it would make me happy.

He laughed and obviously thought I was joking so I called Mika, put her on speaker and said "Hey honey, I might stop off and buy a guitar on the way home."
She knew I had been looking at the Taylor.

"Don't buy the cheaper one just because (Baby Taylor vs GS Mini) it saves money, buy the one that sounds better and get some milk for James on the way home."

Kelvin?

Mind blown.

(We're discussing relationships in class and it got me thinking about people in relationships that are kind of in fear of each other)

The only thing I fear in our relationship, is her coming to her senses, and realizing she could do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom