::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being that fall is here...

QUESTION OF THE DAY

When do you turn on the heat in your house for the cold weather?

We usually wait a while.

The lovely bride says November.
I, many times, don't make it that long.

I guess this question doesn't compute to all of us?

Um...when it gets cold enough that we feel like we need it?

I have not yet delved into homebrewing, but I did get a nice Mr. Beer kit for my birthday. Now I know full well that Mr. Beer is to homebrewing what Duncan Hines is to baking, but I do wanna dip my toes in before jumping off the high dive.

As for yeast, on the first Sunday of every month I get up really early and start the bread machine in the sanctuary for communion. On communion Sundays the whole church smells like fresh baked bread. My recipe calls for allowing the yeast to foam in hot sugar water before adding the oil, salt, and flour. The only difficult part is to not get the water too hot or it will kill the yeast. So on more than one occasion, it's been a big dense lump of gluten that smelled fabulous.

I started with a Mr. Beer kit - nothing wrong with dipping the toe! The first batch of beer I ever made from that kit was fantastic!

You and me both, shortly after my dad died I was talking with mom one day and she was saying that when I was born people didn't plan pregnancies.

I remember my mom picking me up from a skating party when I was about ten and out of the blue telling me that I was planned (I'm considerably younger than the rest of my siblings and the four of them are within 6 years of each other). I didn't understand what she was talking about. She said if my siblings ever teased me about being an accident that they were wrong. I was planned.

It had never occurred to me or my siblings until that moment...

Planned pregnancies? Ha! The only one we planned miscarried. You don't plan babies, they happen when they are supposed to.

I remember my OB/GYN asked if we had planned it. Since we had planned for it, I was stunned he asked. He said most first pregnancies aren't planned. I am so naive.

We planned both our girls (Ben was planned, too - different marriage...). For Emma we said, "Let's start trying now" and BOOM. Pregnant.

For Annie we said "Let's start trying now" and...well...four years, multiple doctors, a couple of surgical procedures, three rounds of fertility treatments and a donor egg later...BOOM. Pregnant.

Accidental pregnancies? I was born in the early fifties to an unwed teenager, and immediately put up for adoption. Yeah, I'm guessing it wasn't planned....

Things were very, very diferent 60 years ago.
I've talked about this before so I'll just save my breath.

Being that fall is here...

QUESTION OF THE DAY

When do you turn on the heat in your house for the cold weather?

We usually wait a while.

The lovely bride says November.
I, many times, don't make it that long.

I guess this question doesn't compute to all of us?
Our house does not have a heater.

Should I take a guitar workshop with Jon Yamasato this weekend even though I suck at guitar even more so than the ukulele.

(although I can still play Stairway to Heaven; played it with a kid this morning)

I have not yet delved into homebrewing, but I did get a nice Mr. Beer kit for my birthday. Now I know full well that Mr. Beer is to homebrewing what Duncan Hines is to baking, but I do wanna dip my toes in before jumping off the high dive.

As for yeast, on the first Sunday of every month I get up really early and start the bread machine in the sanctuary for communion. On communion Sundays the whole church smells like fresh baked bread. My recipe calls for allowing the yeast to foam in hot sugar water before adding the oil, salt, and flour. The only difficult part is to not get the water too hot or it will kill the yeast. So on more than one occasion, it's been a big dense lump of gluten that smelled fabulous.

I use a thermometer but realistically the water has to be body temp.. aim for something comfortable and not hot, and you'll be ok :)

We planned both our girls (Ben was planned, too - different marriage...). For Emma we said, "Let's start trying now" and BOOM. Pregnant.

For Annie we said "Let's start trying now" and...well...four years, multiple doctors, a couple of surgical procedures, three rounds of fertility treatments and a donor egg later...BOOM. Pregnant.

With Lex, it was 'Hey, you know, having kids wouldn't be a bad idea, lets see what happens." Two months later, and preggo.
With Nicky, it was "You know, another would be nice some time this year." Whammo, pregnant.

I think we're done now.

I really don't want to be pregnant if I get to go to UWC next year. As of now, it's most likely happening!

I got the mower deck re-hung under the John Deere. I mowed the lawn, and everything is working just as it should! Actually, the end result is better now than it has been in some time. I suspect the problem was developing slowly, and the deck was hanging lop-sided for some time before the ultimate failure.

DIY repairs, FTW!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom