::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our back yard abuts a farmer's field, which was planted with feed corn this year. It grows to be about 9 or 10 feet tall before it gets harvested, and makes our yard more secluded; more private. The downside is that we sacrifice the view.

The farmer came today and began taking the corn out with his big machinery. As usual, he didn't quite maneuver to the edge of our lot, and left part of a row of corn standing. He missed another partial row about thirty feet out into the field, right behind our house.

I know this little bit of corn doesn't matter to him, but it bugs me, as we'll have to look at it for the better part of the next year. They seem to have taken a break, so I went out and cut those partial rows down, and hauled them over to where the corn is uncut, and still standing. I stood the stalks up in the standing corn, so that the harvester will get them on the next pass.

Now I have an unobstructed view again, but man are my arms itchy! I guess I need to go jump in the shower before we go to our picnic tonight....

My sister relieved me early and now I don't know what to do with all this time! :D

Mom's having a good day. I'm thinking they will prob discharge in 2 days.

Our back yard abuts a farmer's field, which was planted with feed corn this year. It grows to be about 9 or 10 feet tall before it gets harvested, and makes our yard more secluded; more private. The downside is that we sacrifice the view.

The farmer came today and began taking the corn out with his big machinery. As usual, he didn't quite maneuver to the edge of our lot, and left part of a row of corn standing. He missed another partial row about thirty feet out into the field, right behind our house.

I know this little bit of corn doesn't matter to him, but it bugs me, as we'll have to look at it for the better part of the next year. They seem to have taken a break, so I went out and cut those partial rows down, and hauled them over to where the corn is uncut, and still standing. I stood the stalks up in the standing corn, so that the harvester will get them on the next pass.

Now I have an unobstructed view again, but man are my arms itchy! I guess I need to go jump in the shower before we go to our picnic tonight....

you should have drug them to your front porch for decoration!

you should have drug them to your front porch for decoration!

We did that once, but we couldn't get the squirrels and chipmunks to leave them alone. You'd come walking up the steps, and all of a sudden a critter would come scrambling out of the corn stalks and bolt to escape. I'd rather not attract the furry critters right up onto the porch....

My sister relieved me early and now I don't know what to do with all this time! :D

Mom's having a good day. I'm thinking they will prob discharge in 2 days.

Freeda, do anything, or do nothing....whatever it is you prefer. You've earned some down time! And who knows when you'll get more?

Free Halloween decorations

Tonight is the annual volunteer appreciation picnic for those who volunteer at the Spencerport Depot and Canal Museum. We go every year, and have always had a good time. It's free, the food is good, and some of our friends will be there, as well. What's not to like?

Tonight is the annual volunteer appreciation picnic for those who volunteer at the Spencerport Depot and Canal Museum. We go every year, and have always had a good time. It's free, the food is good, and some of our friends will be there, as well. What's not to like?

I'm sure you'll find something. ;)

It's really beautiful out. I should go for a walk. But I don't wanna!!

My floors need sweeping. I should do that. But I don't wanna!!

I'm trying to think of something I should do, that I also wanna do. Ukulele?!

I go through a ridiculous number of cherry tomatoes. What's the best variety you've planted?
We LOVE these!
ho_farms_tomatoes_pl.jpg

They are from Ho farms (hahahahha - *just* noticed that!) and they grow them on the North Shore. They are all kinds of amazing and we get them at the store for $3.99 for a square clamshell pack. Worth every penny.

I'm not sure what variety these are. I'll have to ask Elaine if she remembers....

Freeda, I just went out and checked the plants, and, as usual, Elaine had put the plastic tags in the ground at the base of the plants. Unfortunately, all the tags have to say is "Grape Tomatoes". No specific variety given....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom