::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the car deal is on hold....again. I'm ready to give him one more chance, should he call again. If that doesn't work, I'm through having him wasting my time....

Kids make up their own versions of these jingles. Remember the old Bosco jingle?
We used to sing:

I hate Bosco, it's no good for me,
Mama puts it in my milk to try and poison me.
But I fooled Mama; I put it in her tea,
Now I have no Mama to try and poison me.

Not a very great set of lyrics, but I was surprised to find them popping up all over the country and even in the States. How do these things get started?

McDonalds is my kind of place;
Hamburgers in my face,
French fries up my nose,
Ketchup between my toes,
Mustard running down my back;
I want my money back
Before I have a heart attack

Then there's:

Hold the pickles hold the lettuce,
Shut up lady, don't upset us,
All we ask is that you let us
Give it away

I recall Michael Cooney singing jingles like this to groups of kids and they loved them.

Last edited:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

Ever protested anything? What?

Not really. And I lived through the late sixties and the seventies. I was in school until May of '68. After that I was busy earning a living and then suporting a family.

I have boycotted places. But that's mostly because they pissed me off.

So that woul make it a little over three years 'til my 50 year class reunion. How 'bout that... That can't be right?

My first year teaching I walked a picket line, does that count?

Ooh, I also participated in a Westborough Baptist Church counter protest at another district school in Cupertino. Now those people are crazy!

I think I'm picking up an Islander AT-4 for a practice "beater." It's all laminate, and I won't feel bad leaving it in the car while I shop, or something similar (no days over 80*F though, it'll melt the glue).

Wow, I can hear James and Mika snoring loudly from the other rooms. Mika wore the little guy out with a shopping spree.

I think I'm picking up an Islander AT-4 for a practice "beater." It's all laminate, and I won't feel bad leaving it in the car while I shop, or something similar (no days over 80*F though, it'll melt the glue).

Tried the Flea and Fluke again. Tried to like them, but I'm not a fan of the way they feel.

Good lord I'm bored. Got any good time wasting sites?

I'm cooking. Got both dressings and the cranberries done. Currently mashing sweet potatoes. Doing the green bean cassarole tonight. I think I'll do the mash potatoes tomorrow.

I'm cooking. Got both dressings and the cranberries done. Currently mashing sweet potatoes. Doing the green bean cassarole tonight. I think I'll do the mash potatoes tomorrow.

I ordered a smoked turkey and all the trimmings from a really good BBQ place near me. I can't even begin to tell you how relaxed I am compared to the last ten+ years.

I ordered a smoked turkey and all the trimmings from a really good BBQ place near me. I can't even begin to tell you how relaxed I am compared to the last ten+ years.

Heh heh. I really dig cooking for a crowd. As long as I prepare ahead and have everything I need, I really enjoy it. Tomorrow will just be for 8, Sunday is 16. So I'm doing all the side ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom