::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh?

That seems a very un Sally statement. Are you quoting someone?

No, just me. I'm uber liberal except when it comes to babies. As long as the relationship is strong and you plan on staying together, why not get hitched. If you get prego and are going to stay together anyway, why not get married. If you are going to spend your life with the person, I think you owe it to the child to be married. I also feel like it's a sign of dis-respect to not marry each other. It's like saying, "well, he's/she's good enough to produce a child with but not good enough to pledge my life to".

There were more than a few times in my marriage that the ring on my finger kept me from walking away. And I'm so very glad I stayed the course.

Why oh why has no one written about Popeye's Chicken on this thread?!

I just discovered their salty, greasy and extremely crunchy goodness.

KFC is dead to me now.
oh Gary! No no no, you should NOT be eatting there. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I made that discovery here on Oahu. Have not been back yet only because there are so many other fried chicken alternatives. Like Tanioka's, Zippy's, Foodland, KJ's, Side Street Inn...

BOYS!!! Stop eatting that crap. I can hear your arteries clogging.

BOYS!!! Stop eatting that crap. I can hear your arteries clogging.

Just balancing out the Shane meal I had yesterday. Steamed chicken breast, yes steamed, with a ginger scallion sauce that was amazing. I even put the sauce on the steamed, yup steamed AGAIN, broccoli. It is that good.

Last night some folks on The Voice did On Broadway.
Quite a few folks had a hand in writing this song.
And even more covered it.

Code:
[CENTER]On Broadway
The Drifters[/CENTER]

|[A] [G]| X3

[A] They say the [G] neon [A] lights are [G] bright on [A] Broad[G]way [A]  [G] 
[A] They say there's [G] always [A] magic [G] in the [A] air [G] [A] [G] 

[D] But when you're [C] walkin' [D] down that [C] street [D] 
And you ain't [C] had e[D]nough [G] to [E7] eat
[A] The glitter [G] rubs right [A] off [G] and you're no[A]where [G] [A] [G] 

[A] They say the [G] girls are [A] something [G] else on [A] Broad[G]way [A] [G] 
[A] But looking [G] at them [A] just gives [G] me the [A] blues [G] [A] [G] 

[D] 'Cause how ya [C] gonna [D] make some [C] time [D] 
When all you [C] got is [D] one [G] thin [E7] dime?
[A] And one thin [G] dime won't [A] even [G] shine your [A] shoes [G] [A] [G] 

Ha! [A] They say that [G] I won't [A] last too [G] long on [A] Broad[G]way [A] [G] 
[A] I'll catch a [G] Greyhound [A] bus for [G] home, they all [A] say [G] [A] [G] 

[D] But oh! They're dead [C] wrong, I [D] know they [C] are [D] 
'Cause I can [C] play this [D] here [G] gui[E7]tar
[A] And I won't [G] quit till [A] I'm a [G] star on [A] Broad[G]way [A] [G] 

[D] But oh! They're dead [C] wrong, I [D] know they [C] are [D] 
'Cause I can [C] play this [D] here [G] gui[E7]tar
[A] And I won't [G] quit till [A] I'm a [G] star on [A] Broad[G]way [A] [G]

|[A] [G]| (and fade)
On Broadway (on Broadway)

I added the G chord in the Verses in D, such as:
[D] When all you [C] got is [D] one [G] thin [E7] dime?
Only one beat each on "[D] one [G] thin"
Two beats each on most of the rest of the chords.

The way I received it was:
[D] 'Cause I can [C] play this [D] here gui[E7]tar
Which ever way you like to play it is fine.

You can make a [Em7] (0202] instead of some of the G chords if you like?
I guess if your going to fool around with it you could also play [D] and [Am7] to go with the [A] [Em7]

Just balancing out the Shane meal I had yesterday. Steamed chicken breast, yes steamed, with a ginger scallion sauce that was amazing. I even put the sauce on the steamed, yup steamed AGAIN, broccoli. It is that good.

I'm not sure about steamed chicken, as I've never had it, but I love steamed vegetables, especially broccoli. Yum....

HELLO MY PEOPLE!

It is windy and cold outside. Today is a demo day and a work on my website day!

I cant catch up properly! But hi!

Don't do their work. It does not help them. Besides, the teachers know you did the work.

My son had a science project he knew about for 3 weeks due on Friday and he has done nothing and said he would just "draw it"...

WHAT?!

So mad at him. He gets no electronics for 2 weeks (since him wanting to be on TV or computer led to it).
I am not helping him. He was bragging about probably being on the A honor roll. I am not so sure about that now.

Yes, projects are more work for parents! Cause kids do need help somewhat.

No, just me. I'm uber liberal except when it comes to babies. As long as the relationship is strong and you plan on staying together, why not get hitched. If you get prego and are going to stay together anyway, why not get married. If you are going to spend your life with the person, I think you owe it to the child to be married. I also feel like it's a sign of dis-respect to not marry each other. It's like saying, "well, he's/she's good enough to produce a child with but not good enough to pledge my life to".

There were more than a few times in my marriage that the ring on my finger kept me from walking away. And I'm so very glad I stayed the course.

I totally get it!
These days it is more casual to have a baby with someone than to marry someone. Like marriage is more of a commitment. But I think having a child with someone is more of a solid commitment than marriage because you will be tied to that person forever and your child will be 1/2 of that person no matter what.

My son had a science project he knew about for 3 weeks due on Friday and he has done nothing and said he would just "draw it"...

WHAT?!

So mad at him. He gets no electronics for 2 weeks (since him wanting to be on TV or computer led to it).
I am not helping him. He was bragging about probably being on the A honor roll. I am not so sure about that now.

Yes, projects are more work for parents! Cause kids do need help somewhat.

Sounds like you are talking about my kid. He's currently on the no games train too

I can't believe I am going to say this, because I am normally quite more conservative than Sally on most issues. however, I have to disagree. I think that the commitment you have to a child of 18 years of intense parenting and then decreased. in my opinion that commitment is not as significant as the commitment that you make to another adult to spend everyday together for the rest of your life. And having been rushed into a marriage due to pregnancy, that turned out to be a disaster, I just don't think that it is a good choice. At least it wasn't for me. I can't speak for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom