::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the same way. That's why I'm having issues. Lol. I think you and I are the only two PoHo's that refuse to use Facebook. Or do you? I refuse.

Actually, you aren't. I am not a facebooker, either.

DON'T DO THAT TO ME!! :D

Thank you, JanJam. Yes, I often use double-pointed needles. I do my hats on circular needles up until the point that they start to reduce, and close at the top. Then I have to switch to DPNs because the circular becomes too large a circle.

I tried doing socks, once. The yarn is so fine, and the needles are so fine, that I have trouble managing them with my big mitts. I think I'll stick to hats....

Hm . . . maybe it was the really small needles and sock yarn making it hard. What size DPNs do you use on your hats? Maybe I'll try using them for a hat.

Hm . . . maybe it was the really small needles and sock yarn making it hard. What size DPNs do you use on your hats? Maybe I'll try using them for a hat.

It depends on the hat. You use the same size DPNs as the circular that you switch from. Different hat patterns use different size needles. I probably have 8 or 10 different sizes that I use. This pattern uses size 6, but 7s or 8s are more common....

It depends on the hat. You use the same size DPNs as the circular that you switch from. Different hat patterns use different size needles. I probably have 8 or 10 different sizes that I use. This pattern uses size 6, but 7s or 8s are more common....

I have a slouch hat that I started a while back but put aside when life got crazy again. I was going to try to make it until it got too small for the circulars and then just sew it up. Maybe I'll get some DPNs and try it. I'm using a 6 circular, if I remember correctly so I'll get some 6 DPNs.

The tiny DPNs I was using were 1s or 2s. UGH!

I've been real tempted to get another Facebook account, because I know my stepson and daughter-in-law will be posting tons of pics of our granddaughter, when she's born. Yep!! They are having a baby girl!!

So my friend and I need a 3rd person move in with us in June. Today we met with an interested girl. So now I'm all pumped up about moving. :D

So my friend and I need a 3rd person move in with us in June. Today we met with an interested girl. So now I'm all pumped up about moving. :D

I've had a few roommates, when I was younger. It was never that great of an experience. I'm more of a loner, I guess.

About ten years ago, I lived with 5 friends. We called it, "the commune." There was always visitors there and I use to get nervous when I went to work that the visitors were going to steal. For the most part, I enjoyed living there but it was kind of stressful.

About ten years ago, I lived with 5 friends. We called it, "the commune." There was always visitors there and I use to get nervous when I went to work that the visitors were going to steal. For the most part, I enjoyed living there but it was kind of stressful.

I live in a pretty big house right now. There are 12 rooms and 11 of them are taken. But everyone who lives here is so busy you don't get to see your housemates often. If it wasn't for the messes the guys make in the kitchen, I'd forget I have housemates.

No, I don't FB. It's not that I've refused to try. I've tried it, I just don't like it. I find it to be too chaotic and confusing....

Same here. I didn't like it. Sometimes I wish I had an account, because I realize I miss out on a lot. So sometimes I look around on my sister's account.

Then for God's sake don't try Twitter.

I live in a pretty big house right now. There are 12 rooms and 11 of them are taken. But everyone who lives here is so busy you don't get to see your housemates often. If it wasn't for the messes the guys make in the kitchen, I'd forget I have housemates.

It was a pretty large house that we lived in, too. I had the basement. It was a finished basement with a walkout porch. I like my privacy, so it was very kind of them to give me the basement. Back then, I was single and pretty much worked all the hours I could. When I was home I played my guitar and played cards, online. I had no issue with my roommates. It was the visitors that made me nervous.

Think about it -- what music do you remember? Stuff from when you were ten? Probably not unless you had older siblings. Avis, who is 87, was born in 1927. Her music is the 40s and beyond. (Even though she is a classically trained pianist and likes that stuff best).
I just am campaigning for newer stuff for old people.
When I was going to uke groups most everyone was 10-15 years older than me. They liked the 50's and 60's stuff.

Never had an account, never will have an account . . .

I said that until I went to a class reunion. Reconnecting with peeps has been very rewarding. And I interact with a bunch if ukulele peeps there that have moved on from here.

Never had an account, never will have an account . . .

This is how I felt - until I moved to Hawaii. Much easier to keep in touch with family and friends on the mainland then using, say, email. So I signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom