::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! Right!

...warn the new neighbors about the months of May and June...

That sound better?

and that's just part of it. I live in a pretty unique neighborhood where most people know each other for better or worse. Apparently they have dogs which will have to get along with the neighborhood's dogs, and people, and chickens.

Speaking of bathroom stall issues...

I have NEVER understood the big gap that's left between the door and the side of the stall! Why do they do that? You can't tell me it's a conservation/tree hugger thing trying to save material!! I sincerely believe that a perve originally designed and patented bathroom stalls. Either that, or the guy that did it was the worst carpenter in the history of the world.

Personally, I lean toward the pervert theory.

We tend to lean toward the theories we understand the best.

OH...MY...GAWD!!!!

I never even thought of that!! I knew I'd heard a similar voice to hers.

I'm done...I'll never un-hear it in my head now.

Just don't tell her that her accent is at all similar to the Fargo accents. Yes, those are exaggerated. But not THAT much.

I have NEVER understood the big gap that's left between the door and the side of the stall! Why do they do that? You can't tell me it's a conservation/tree hugger thing trying to save material!! I sincerely believe that a perve originally designed and patented bathroom stalls. Either that, or the guy that did it was the worst carpenter in the history of the world.

I always thought it was so you could kind of see if it was occupied without really seeing what was going on, but yeah.

and that's just part of it. I live in a pretty unique neighborhood where most people know each other for better or worse. Apparently they have dogs which will have to get along with the neighborhood's dogs, and people, and chickens.

Hopefully, their dogs will get along better with the chickens, than mine does.

Who needs a bidet when there are free, open bowls of water in every public restroom?

You may need to bring your own paper towels though. Many restrooms around here have switched over to the Dyson "Blade" hand dryers.

Just googled it, apparently you aren't the only one wondering this? Some people theorize it is to discourage vandalism.

I always thought it was so you could kind of see if it was occupied without really seeing what was going on, but yeah.

So here's another one from the "why I'm going to hell" file:

A few weeks back when I was correcting papers at the library I went into the bathroom and noticed someone putting toilet paper up so you couldn't see through the cracks in the stall. They were wadding up the paper and then jamming it up in the top parts and tucking in the hanging TP to block out the view.

I sneezed and it knocked out one of the TP curtains and you could feel that it was freaking the person out. They rustled around, got up and then replaced the TP.

. . . so naturally I faked cough to do it again a few seconds later. One more fake cough as I was passing by the stall door for good measure.

Biscuits back. He's OK. He almost killed one of my chickens, though. When he got out, the first thing I did was go shut the chicken coop. It was still dark, so I knew most of the chickens would still be in there. I have some chickens that won't stay in the coop. So, I went looking for them. I could only find one. She was roosting in our grill. It's a cheap old grill, the lid is missing... So anyways, i kept trying for an hour to get the dog to come back. Well, I knew it was about to be daylight and I needed to secure the loose chickens before the dog found them. Well the grill chicken left the grill before I could secure her. Suddenly, I hear her & I knew Biscuit had her but it was not close to where I was. I thought for certain she was dead. As I'm running to them I see the chicken get free and Biscuit went after her and they were tumbling around. Finally, I got to them and as I approached, Biscuit took off. I yelled for him to sit and he just sat. He gave up. I got him into the house and went to check on the hen and she was just being real still and hunkering down like she was scared. So I figured I'd give her a few minutes to calm down. She stayed in the same spot for a while and then moved on. I'm not quite sure where she's at but I'm about to go check on her. I'm pretty sure he just roughed her up a bit. I seen no blood.

Sounds like Biscuit needs to tangle with a rooster to learn a lesson or two. But I'm glad he's home! I got a call at work one day from the mailman. He was playing with Hudson about 6 blocks from our house. Thank goodness we have an ID tag on him, and thank goodness Hudson is positive that everybody is his very best friend and didn't shy from the mailman.

I was thinking it looked like maple - but I felt pretty sure KoAloha wouldn't use maple like that.

Their new line uses a lot of mango.

I've never known them to use anything but native woods except for some spruce tops on customs.

Snowpocalypse NYC checking in..

Yeah. After I checked the window, I went straight to my email to see if they uncancelled school.. which to my relief is still off for the day.

Long story short, I have a class on tuesday night that makes me question my sanity... I do not like the teacher's style, if you'd call it that.... she reads from the textbook for 3 hours straight. If the school didn't have an attendance policy, I'd stay home, and teach myself the class from the book from the comfort of my own living room. (Psych is a dry enough subject already... this is the first psych class I've taken with just about no class interaction...)

Looks like maybe 6 inches of the white stuff, but it's blowing around like mad, and still supposed to snow all day, so supposedly another 4-8 inches is still supposed to fall. Probably gonna go ahead and dig out the cars sometime this afternoon. Hubbs is working from home today, which is pretty cool. I don't think I'll ever be able to wrap my head around being able to do that. They're having server issues, so his phone is ringing off the hook.

Only one of the kids is up, the the big guy is keeping me company while the little guy is sleeping in. We might take the kids to play in the snow later, we have to be careful- our ex-neighbors were very into the bad kind of drugs, and there is tons of paraphernalia in the grass near our stairs (I'm occasionally still finding little baggies, butts, and needles in the grass. It's freaking frustrating- its like its never ending. They would throw their stuff out the window, into the grass.) We might let them play on the side by my next door neighbors... maybe.

Anywhoo... Really, all is well... I bought a giant pork loin and I'm looking forward to a big tasty dinner later, and I've got a LOT of studying to do.

I'll be around.

I HATE that style of "teaching".

My current professor is AMAZING. She uses lots of slides but they just illustrate her point - they don't tell the story. She has the most incredible depth of knowledge and even though the class will stray from the topic she flows with it, enjoys it, and still manages to get back to the lecture AND stay on time. I don't know how she does it, but classes just fly by. Of course...the university's "Professor of the Year" board is right outside our classroom door - and her name is very prominent on the list, so I'm not the only one who recognizes her awesomeness.

It also helps to have just 7 people in class...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom