::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any PoHo's photography buffs?

I'm looking to get a new Nikon and the main feature I'm looking for is to be able to freeze action in the crappy lighting of high school gymnasiums. I already own a few f/2.8 lenses so I'm looking for a camera body that will let me utilize those lenses in poor lighting.

Craig already gave me a recommendation and I also reached out to Colin but haven't heard back yet (I only emailed him last night) but I would love to hear more opinions.

Thanks hos

I think he's still stuck out west

This sort of entitlement really annoys me.

Did I hear her right? Did she say part of the money her patrons donate is going to be spent on other artists so she can be a patron, too? That's messed up. That's not a true pay-it-forward. That is just spending other people's money. A true pay-it-forward would be for her to become a patron on that site with money she earns after her patrons get her started. Did I understand her right?

Did I hear her right? Did she say part of the money her patrons donate is going to be spent on other artists so she can be a patron, too? That's messed up. That's not a true pay-it-forward. That is just spending other people's money. A true pay-it-forward would be for her to become a patron on that site with money she earns after her patrons get her started. Did I understand her right?

My favorite part is at 00:40 when she says she "has the means, content and time to do it" and then still asks for money to do it.

Here's what else is disturbing. We are supposed to give her $ to make videos? This video SUCKS. I see no reason to support her. My nephew Jack is going to school for video stuff. His videos are great! He actually takes time to produce them and edit them and stuff. They look professional. He has a great eye. This chick is in dream world.

Here's what else is disturbing. We are supposed to give her $ to make videos? This video SUCKS. I see no reason to support her. My nephew Jack is going to school for video stuff. His videos are great! He actually takes time to produce them and edit them and stuff. They look professional. He has a great eye. This chick is in dream world.

and then there's the fact that uploading videos to Youtube is free.

Nope.

lg_photo3_618.JPG

Or possibly...

Paragonimus%20westermani.gif

Hey Craig,
Have you been talked into UWC yet?

I've been trying to get out there for the past few years. The hardest thing for us is that it is usually in the middle of festival season (I think we had the San Diego Ukefest last year and I went down early to the Cairns Australia Ukefest the previous year). Unfortunately Sarah and I will be in the UK this year... Hopefully the stars line up next year for us to make it up!

Gary, no worries at all, keep me updated on your camera stuff!

bwahahahahahahaah

Although I have to say after meeting him.

He comes across as someone who just truly loves his family. You can see it when he performs with his daughters and interacts with his wife.

I choose to think of him two ways now.

1) Too dumb to know how to promote himself with tact.

or

2) Was used and spit out by the music industry and feels like Hawaiians and the ukulele community owe him something.

I guess my view of him hasn't changed. Just softened because underneath it all you really could tell he loves his family and that has to count for something.

My own view - and I don't really have any opinion except to see what he has posted himself on FB - is that it's mostly 1) with a little bit of 2) thrown in that puts an edge on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom