::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite part is at 00:40 when she says she "has the means, content and time to do it" and then still asks for money to do it.

What I get from this is that she "has the means" and ideas to do her own videos. She wants other people's money because she wasn't to use it to be a patron...& because she is just that great. Ugh.

Hey Deb, since I am a car guy, all I think of when I see your handle is DB7.
mainpic.jpg

Hey Deb, since I am a car guy, all I think of when I see your handle is DB7.
mainpic.jpg

Lol nice car! I need to change my handle. Lol. I do like cool cars. I use to work in a custom autobody shop. Three, actually. But one place was top notch and I am proud to have been a part of it.

My own view - and I don't really have any opinion except to see what he has posted himself on FB - is that it's mostly 1) with a little bit of 2) thrown in that puts an edge on things.

I believe most of his trouble is of his own doing. I have heard this from more than one person. He was not chewed up and spit out, either. As a very wise ukulele friend told me..."I don't respect the person, but I respect his talent". (I paraphrase, I am sure)

And I am really bummed I missed him playing at NAMM.

Last edited:
I am a fan of technology and I do like the idea. I am NOT a fan of these here on the North Shore though. I mean, put them on top of buildings in town or something, but don't ruin the beauty of the valley.
n-WIND-large570.jpg

I just saw that a new type of turbine that looks kind of like a tree is going up in Paris - maybe they can use those instead?
wind-tree-wind-turbine-3.jpg

I think it is less unsightly than those huge propellers spinning around, and it looks less likely to kill birds.
I do think that Hawaii does need alternative energy though, so I would rather see wind farms than new power plants. What I really do not understand is why no one is using wave energy. I saw a thing years ago where someone placed a big pipe underwater shaped like an L laying down. the long end is submerged, and the short end is above the surface. A fan is placed at the end with blades that "flap" so that it spins in the same direction regardless of which way the air is flowing. Wave surge inside the big pipe creates a jet of air the blows out (and then sucks in) the other end. 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no matter what the weather. It seems that every breakwater / jetty / power plant that already has a structure going into the surf from shore could install one of these things. I don't get it.

You would also think that geothermal would be all over on the Big Island. Strange.

I think my biggest issue with the windmills is the amount of land they consume. I like the ideas of putting them on top buildings. I also have seen smaller ones. I forget what they are called but they are used to power buildings. I'll have to ask my husband what they are. I seen them on a building in Indy. I also think solar power is awesome.

Yes, give me money to make videos. I'm obviously not poor and have no apparent financial needs, but I deserve it more than those smelly third world beggars and charities.

Yeah, on our local news there was some music group trying to make a comeback. I can't remember the groups name but they were announcing their kick-starter for an album they were trying to produce. Now this group had been big, even the newscasters were looking perplexed why they would need outside backing from strangers.

I believe most of his trouble is of his own doing. I have heard this from more than one person. He was not chewed up and spit out, either. As a very wise ukulele friend told me..."I don't respect the person, but I respect his talent". (I paraphrase, I am sure)

And I am really bummed I missed him playing at NAMM.

I'm trying real hard to like him . . . but it's really hard.

I'm going with your post. I do respect his talent and music and I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, on our local news there was some music group trying to make a comeback. I can't remember the groups name but they were announcing their kick-starter for an album they were trying to produce. Now this group had been big, even the newscasters were looking perplexed why they would need outside backing from strangers.

cocaine is expensive

She called me from the cheese factory on Sunday afternoon to tell me she was on her way home. It is not possible to drive through Tillamook without stopping at the cheese factory.

I love that place. Love watching the production line. And the store is fun. It's like an amusement park for my mouth. Licorice ice cream!

I forget what news channel, was also talking about this issue. I think it was HLN. If I remember right, they said a lot of professional bands are doing this because they get more creative freedom, than signing with a label.

I love that place. Love watching the production line. And the store is fun. It's like an amusement park for my mouth. Licorice ice cream!

Squeaky cheese! And the production line is mesmerizing. We saw a packaging machine go berserk once - it was awesome. Cheese and plastic packages everywhere before they got it shut down. On the other hand...it made me sad to see all that cheese go into the garbage...

Is this her job?

I'm a little confused by kickstarter things too. If there's content or music to be produced, fine. But so many seem to be just begging.

GoFundMe kills me sometimes. I know someone who has been begging for money on GoFundMe for over a year, and the reason always changes. First she needed a new laptop because she wanted to go to college, then she said it was for medical bills and to help her start a beading business, then it was just medical bills, then it was for this...then it was for that.

She started it the day after her dad's GoFundMe closed after raising like 50k to save his house. He claimed to be running a non profit out of it (which is bull, I know the family and it was just a sympathy tactic) and it got local news coverage.

Anyway, I just don't understand it. Then again there are people making billions of dollars playing video games on youtube.

It's a strange world we live in.

GoFundMe kills me sometimes. I know someone who has been begging for money on GoFundMe for over a year, and the reason always changes. First she needed a new laptop because she wanted to go to college, then she said it was for medical bills and to help her start a beading business, then it was just medical bills, then it was for this...then it was for that.

She started it the day after her dad's GoFundMe closed after raising like 50k to save his house. He claimed to be running a non profit out of it (which is bull, I know the family and it was just a sympathy tactic) and it got local news coverage.

Anyway, I just don't understand it. Then again there are people making billions of dollars playing video games on youtube.

It's a strange world we live in.

Did you see the one where the guy wanted to raise $10 to make chicken salad and people gave him thousands?

I am a fan of technology and I do like the idea. I am NOT a fan of these here on the North Shore though. I mean, put them on top of buildings in town or something, but don't ruin the beauty of the valley.
n-WIND-large570.jpg

I just saw that a new type of turbine that looks kind of like a tree is going up in Paris - maybe they can use those instead?
wind-tree-wind-turbine-3.jpg

I think it is less unsightly than those huge propellers spinning around, and it looks less likely to kill birds.
I do think that Hawaii does need alternative energy though, so I would rather see wind farms than new power plants. What I really do not understand is why no one is using wave energy. I saw a thing years ago where someone placed a big pipe underwater shaped like an L laying down. the long end is submerged, and the short end is above the surface. A fan is placed at the end with blades that "flap" so that it spins in the same direction regardless of which way the air is flowing. Wave surge inside the big pipe creates a jet of air the blows out (and then sucks in) the other end. 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no matter what the weather. It seems that every breakwater / jetty / power plant that already has a structure going into the surf from shore could install one of these things. I don't get it.

You would also think that geothermal would be all over on the Big Island. Strange.

it is funny, because when I look at those two pictures, I think the traditional one is attractive and peaceful looking, and the tree is the monstrosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom