::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You win millions in the lottery, and then opt for the annuity. I wouldn't put it past some government pencil pusher to decide that a $100K for a murder-for-hire was a better deal than a multimillion dollar payout over time. I'd feel like I had a bull's-eye on my back....

TheBus is moving along nicely for a change. Looks like entire commute may be under 90 minutes!

I have no clue....what is a CEU?

Continuing Education Credit. The chaplains that were there have to get so many hours each year. It's sort of like my having to renew my teaching license every 5 years.

The ONLY time I got a direct comment about my UU shirt was when Aldrine walked up to me and said, "I like that shirt!"
I have had people start talking to me about UU or ask me what my UU handle is while wearing it, but never got questions about UU because of my shirt.

Peeps in Hawaii know about UU already?

He's easy to make fun of, but perhaps not as easy as, say, Wayne Newton!

I like his songwriting so I have no problem with him. I don't think I would ever go see him in concert though.

Indifference here.

I think he's fine, just not for me.

Madonna, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carrey, Bruce Springsteen (gasp!) . . . there's a whole slew of popular artists that just don't do it for me.

Pictures from the "retreat". I say "retreat" because somebody lied. It wasn't a retreat. It was a workshop. I spent most of the day listening to someone present. :mad: Only had an hour and a half to retreat. I got 3 CEUs for being there. What am I going to do with CEUs? Very disappointing. I needed a real retreat. (I did buy a Gregorian Chant CD and a book by Richard Rohr.)

The place was lovely, however. I will go back on my own and have a real retreat. I think I will give myself a night or two there as a Christmas present!
View attachment 72292
View attachment 72293
View attachment 72294

CEU's would move me up the pay scale (if I weren't maxed out already).

QUESTION OF THE DAY

You just won the lottery. Do you take the lump sum or the annuity?

I'm a financial train wreck waiting to happen, but I'd take the lump sum and invest to create my own annuity from the interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom