::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly lost it at Subway. I'm in a bad mood today anyways, I go into Subway and there is a very large woman there who orders 10 Subways, she is super mean and yelling at the workers when they politely ask a question about her order. It was either leave or tell her what a mean bitch she is because I couldn't listen to it anymore. I left, but still fell like she needed some not so constructive criticism. Mean people suck.

Loving my new uke. It hangs out on my couch. Under the track lights is GLOWS! Pictures do not do it justice!

Now I have to figure out a name!

Disc golf--that reminds me. Found out there is a guy here at work that is very active in the sport locally (there is a pro-designed course less than a mile from work that hosts quite a few tournaments a year).

He told me he has over $3K invested in his equipment--so far. He said, just like any other sport, you can spend as much as you want, equipment wise.

So....what is there other than the discs? I can't imagine he really spent $3K on discs, did he? Tell him I have an old Frisbee or two I'll sell him. Let's say $50 apiece....;)

Nearly lost it at Subway. I'm in a bad mood today anyways, I go into Subway and there is a very large woman there who orders 10 Subways, she is super mean and yelling at the workers when they politely ask a question about her order. It was either leave or tell her what a mean bitch she is because I couldn't listen to it anymore. I left, but still fell like she needed some not so constructive criticism. Mean people suck.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Treating people the way you'd want to be treated. I usually try to work my way into the conversation with some positive remarks. I mean everyone has a bad day once in a while but taking it out on someone else does no good. And then there are those people in the world who are just mean spirited.

Maybe she'll choke on one of those sandwiches. (I can do mean when it's necessary)

So....what is there other than the discs? I can't imagine he really spent $3K on discs, did he? Tell him I have an old Frisbee or two I'll sell him. Let's say $50 apiece....;)

I asked him this morning. He has his own targets or 'holes'. He also has several portable targets.

He's still kind of a windbag, so I'm not really sure I completely believe him.

Last edited:

Bags, backpacks, trollies, baskets and more discs. And then theres more discs. Oh and some more discs. You have no idea.

Seriously, if Mike dies before me? I've got my retirement investment in my garage.

A good disc retails for 15 to 30 dollars each. There are putters, drivers and long range. There are dozen and dozens of companies worldwide designing new concepts everyday. Every disc flies differently, every player throws differently. Finding the perfect combination is a lifetime search.

And then there's the tournament circuit. Traveling is costly. There are entry fees that can be $7 to $70 as an amateur. As a Pro it can get much more expensive. The pro's travel the world.

It's just like golf but with weed instead of beer.

Last edited:
Bags, backpacks, trollies, baskets and more discs. And then theres more discs. Oh and some more discs. You have no idea.

::snip::

It's just like golf but with weed instead of beer.

Would the weeds get in your way while tossing the disk? It would fly right over them, wouldn't it. Well maybe on the landing I guess.

Speaking of expensive hobbies, today I went to an R/C helicopter jamboree. Lots of guys with expensive, radio controlled helicopters. I spoke with the guy who had the fanciest (and largest) ones there....several of them.

The one I liked the best cost him....

$30,000. His toys cost more than my car! And he had at least 5 helicopters there, that I know of. The $30K one had an actual, operational, jet engine in it....

Speaking of expensive hobbies, today I went to an R/C helicopter jamboree. Lots of guys with expensive, radio controlled helicopters. I spoke with the guy who had the fanciest (and largest) ones there....several of them.

The one I liked the best cost him....

$30,000. His toys cost more than my car! And he had at least 5 helicopters there, that I know of. The $30K one had an actual, operational, jet engine in it....

30 grand?!?

That's not a hobby, that's half my yearly income before taxes!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

For some unidentified reason, you are being forced to appear on a reality show. Which one would you choose?

My favourite reality show isn't on anymore. I loved The Mole. I'd do that one. I tried to get my friend to a audition with me for Amazing Race, but she backed out last minute. Paul and I laugh about if we did it we would be censored constantly because we would be screaming naughty words. It would be brutally ugly.

Trying to get mom readmitted to the hospital. She has gotten way worse.

Dad kinda had a nervous breakdown.

So, that's my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom