::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love me some turkey, this is the first year I think I will not have turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.....

Not to be critical but I love turkey on Thanksgiving...also they never seem to make enough food for the amount of people there, I feel like I have to eat less so everyone can eat.

Not to be critical but I love turkey on Thanksgiving...also they never seem to make enough food for the amount of people there, I feel like I have to eat less so everyone can eat.

I guess though I should be Thankful at least we are spending it with family.

I want to go in and play ukulele for Summers birthday but in order to visit the class you have to be board approved. I am not yet and have to do it, I hope my past actions in college dont disqualify me....

ok gotta get moving and find the beer I am bringing! I need to put at least 6 bottles of Pumpkin for the beer contest in Feb to the side at least.....

Happy Thanksgiving! Today is about the only day I enjoy cooking. Cranberry sauce was made last night. Today is pie, turkey, stuffing and potatoes day. I learned a few years ago to have other people bring the other stuff. My cousin will bring the horseradish cheese. Sounded weird the first year. Now I am addicted to it. It is SPOOL good. Champagne lighting ceremony is at 6.

At dinner last night Paul was talking about Christmas dinner...which we are also hosting. He said he wanted to change things up. Especially the dessert. I told him his family wants cookies. They spend days making cookies. That's what they want. He said we don't have to have them. "Tradition", I replied. I said why not disrupt Thanksgiving then? He said, "but people expect turkey, yada, yada....." I'm still confused.

Have a nice day, people. I hope to report back after the ceremony. All the lights worked on Sunday. Will they all light up tonight? It snowed yesterday, so they should look beautiful against the snow.
Just add a dessert.....you can never have too much dessert.

the other day a friend saw one of the Jonas brothers in a store nearby, Homegoods. He was there with his kid they live locally. I remember that they tried to make a claim on a guitar with FedEx saying the destroyed it, of course they were wrong.

Just add a dessert.....you can never have too much dessert.

We have made pumpkin. My aunt brings the blueberry. Until last year it was always wild blueberry pie. But regular blueberry pie is okay, too. Dessert is after the lighting ceremony.

We have made pumpkin. My aunt brings the blueberry. Until last year it was always wild blueberry pie. But regular blueberry pie is okay, too. Dessert is after the lighting ceremony.

My family always starts with deserts about two hours before the turkey is ready, otherwise everyone is too stuffed for desert.

No I meant regarding Paul wanting to change up Christmas.

I love to cook, but I'm not a baker. I usually leave the desserts to others. Katie bought a pumpkin pie for today. On Sunday when the big group comes I'm making a peach crisp and serving it with ice cream. The reason? My sister gave me a 10 pound can of peaches she had.

I'm watching the National Dog Show. The French bulldog won the non-sporting group and is the running for best of show. Her name?

Freeda!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Thanksgiving. Probably the most widely celebrated national nonreligious holiday. Do you like it?

Jon had a nice FB post I hope he cross posts here.

I've been reading a lot of the testimony and the coroners reports of the Michael Brown shooting . . . and I get the outrage among the people. I even worry that it is a sign of the times because I see it as more of a "class" situation than I do a racial situation.

But what I don't get is why there isn't talk about the behavior before the shooting.

I live in the bubble of Silicon Valley. Maybe I don't get it because I'm sheltered from the reality of a Ferguson. But this reminds me a lot of the Oscar Grant shooting by the BART officer, where the not so saintly "victim" was held up as angelic and without fault. Neither one of those boys deserved to die, but neither one of them should be martyred as "innocent" either.

There. Off my chest. But I still don't get it.

Bread crumbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom