::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The grassy knoll jam is at 6:00 tonite. Then we will probably go to dinner. This is all in walking distance. My van is transporting Sukie, Mim, Colin, Greg and E all this week. Last night was Aldrines concert at DiPiazzas in Long Beach. Tomorrow night will be Mims traveling uke show with E, Colin, Greg and Jion performing at DiPiazzas.
My van will not be going to see Gerald Ross and Ken Middleton at Island Bazaar tonight. If anyone wants to go they need to find another ride.

No Seeso did not attend NAMM this year.

If anyone wants to see full videos from Aldrines show last night I posted 3 on FB. Youtube is being stupid and they won't download, sorry Don.

The grassy knoll jam is at 6:00 tonite. Then we will probably go to dinner. This is all in walking distance. My van is transporting Sukie, Mim, Colin, Greg and E all this week. Last night was Aldrines concert at DiPiazzas in Long Beach. Tomorrow night will be Mims traveling uke show with E, Colin, Greg and Jion performing at DiPiazzas.
My van will not be going to see Gerald Ross and Ken Middleton at Island Bazaar tonight. If anyone wants to go they need to find another ride.

If anyone wants to see full videos from Aldrines show last night I posted 3 on FB. Youtube is being stupid and they won't download, sorry Don.

That's okay, Sally. Thanks for trying. Have a great time, and say "Hi" to everyone for me!!

Along with the usual my parents are having a mini tantrum have to see them tomorrow briefly. Taking some of the joy out of things. They are getting older and hard to deal with. If people were doing a grassy knoll on Saturday night it would be easier to enjoy after dealing with my parents. It would be nice to see Gary in person. Does anyone know if Seeso is showing up or does he have something else going on. I may say screw it and go tonight I know it will be fun.

There's your answer.

Donated my Toyota Previa van yesterday to the Orange County Rescue mission. The guy was thanking me and tearful saying people like me donating keep him in a job. The proceeds feed homeless people. Felt really good to know it helped people.

My first two cars ended up being donated. I would imagine the charity probably sold them for scrap - that's all they were worth.

We only had one option, and they called it Little league....

We had 2 options, that I know of, until this year. The leagues combined. They needed to. There may be a league through the Boys & Girls Club, but I'm not sure. It would maybe be less competitive, but I doubt it.

I have watched (and interrupted) my barn cat stalk & chase the chickens all day. I need to figure something out. I have a friend that would take him, but I love this cat.

Airsoft.

But not a BB gun. Even though Sukie will probably suggest it.

We had 2 options, that I know of, until this year. The leagues combined. They needed to. There may be a league through the Boys & Girls Club, but I'm not sure. It would maybe be less competitive, but I doubt it.

I think the differences are two-fold. First, and more importantly, I played Little League over 50 years ago. Things change a lot over time. Secondly, I played in upstate New York, as opposed to California. Our weather means a shorter playing season, which may impact the number of available leagues....

Bite off opposite corners. Dip one end in milk. Suck milk thru cookie until cookie is soaked. Eat cookie.

Even better with coffee, hot tea or cocoa.

A Tim Tam is hollow. If you bite off both ends, you can use the cookie (biscuit) as a "straw" for your beverage. That's a Tim Tam Slam. Most folks do it with milk, but some prefer coffee or tea....

Sounds great! We like to bite the ends off Twizlers and use them as straws.

Well that tells me a lot. Thanks for the information.

My first two cars ended up being donated. I would imagine the charity probably sold them for scrap - that's all they were worth.

Mine was in good shape I am sure they will auction it. I made sure it was a place where they get the proceeds instead of a middle man getting the profits.

Just heard that my fave driver, Jeff Gordon, is retiring after this coming race season. :(
Not surprised. Just bummed.

Ah well, comes a time...
I loved those pranks he did (for Pepsi I think?) where he took a car dealer on a "Test Drive" after pretending to be a bad driver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7y3eDl2948
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRqqoI7GpU0
Also, years ago, when Juan Pablo Montoya was driving in F1, they did a thing where they traded cars and ran on the Indianapolis road course.
Of Jeff's cup car, Juan said, "Put some better brakes on that thing, and you have a pretty nice race car!"
Jeff replied, "I tell them that every weekend!"
Pretty funny that just a couple of years later Juan was running cup cars himself.

Aldrines show was crazy good tonite. I recorded 3 numbers and will post them when I have time. We all stayed after and listened to the next band. Then I drove everyone back to their hotels. I just got home, it's 2:30 am. I'm sleepy...

Thanks for the vids Sally!

I'm spending ridiculously little, that's why I'm picking one up. I don't really need another Uke, but this one will be my "when I have to wait for James' because of his activities" uke. I won't feel bad leaving it in the car (unless it's over 85*F or so).

Again, I have left the Kala that I won in the car more or less permanently since I won it (over a year ago) and it has been hotter than that, it's still fine. I do not approve of this behavior, but hey just sharing my personal experience.

Bite off opposite corners. Dip one end in milk. Suck milk thru cookie until cookie is soaked. Eat cookie.

Even better with coffee, hot tea or cocoa.

I think the differences are two-fold. First, and more importantly, I played Little League over 50 years ago. Things change a lot over time. Secondly, I played in upstate New York, as opposed to California. Our weather means a shorter playing season, which may impact the number of available leagues....

I'm in Indiana. Her season will start either Spring Break or the week after. Normally it's the week after, but they are talking about starting practices over Spring Break. And the season should wrap up before the 4th of July, unless they change that, too. This is Little League. I was just looking at the website. I always thought of Little League as baseball only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom