::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Leonard Nimoy on Mission Impossible. Am I old?

And...Uke Mania -- start planning your party. :)

Mailman??? I am sorry. That happened to Maynard. It was sad.
I remember that too.

He did this video a couple years ago. Always makes me laugh.

One of my guitar kids that hangs out during my prep just grabbed a uke off the wall and is improvising to the songs Craig and Sarah are playing . . . . and it sounds damn good.

stupid talented kids

I have an almost five year old who won't put on his own boots. Or coat. Or zip it. Or mittens or hat.

I truly dislike this kid. He has no interest in learning anything.
I've had a few like that with shoes too. The parents do everything for them. I had one parent ask why I would not put them on for their child. I told them because he CAN do it. The kid didn't like missing gym time and outside time, so it didn't take too long for him to put his shoes on everyday.

Fin: Why are you going up???
Ellen: The hotel is flooded, the water is rising...why are you going down?
Fin: Flaming sharks.

Yep, watching Sharknado 2.

Hey Sally / Sukie text Aldrine, Craig and Sarah and tell them to come to The Grill at Leilehua Golf Course in Wahiawa at 6PM for excellent Hawaiian music!

Wish I could. I seldom text him. It's just not something I am comfortable doing. Sorry.

Can you take any pain meds? Or just antibiotics? Get some rest.

I got some motrin, nothing too fancy. I'm definitely achy and very tired now. I should be much better later :)
I'd say yesterday it was hurting at a 9.9. Today, now, about a 6.

I got some motrin, nothing too fancy. I'm definitely achy and very tired now. I should be much better later :)
I'd say yesterday it was hurting at a 9.9. Today, now, about a 6.

At least you are on the down slope. Sorry, though. Tooth pain may be the worst.

Thanks, Deb. Sadly, it was something major, and Buddy won't be on the mend. It was a complete urinary blockage, and the vet said that if he had gone untreated (or unnoticed), that this would probably have killed him in 12 to 24 hours. Buddy is no more.

The vet was very honest with us, and told us that although she could fix it temporarily (for $900 to $1300), that it would soon come back. She could do that twice, and then surgery would be required, which would be even more expensive.

We liked Buddy, but were never truly emotionally attached to him. Our niece took him in as a stray, but her husband couldn't get along with the cat, and we suspect he abused him. Finally he said the cat had to go, and our niece begged us to take him in. We took him, and he got along well with our two cats, so we let him stay. He's always been skittish, didn't like to be touched, and wouldn't allow much contact. He had an issue that made him a frequent (daily) puker, so he was a lot of work to keep up with. He lived here, happily enough, it seemed, for several years.

Given his prognosis, and the estimate on his cost of care, we decided to have him put down. The vet agreed that she thought it was the humane thing to do. Elaine and I are fine, and we're convinced we made the right call. Sometimes these things just happen....

Yes, these things do happen. I'm sorry you lost your cat, and that you have had a rotten day. It's always hard to put an animal down, even if you are not emotionally attached. But there are times that it is necessary.

We're with T-Mobile - no free phones from them. No contracts, either, though you can pay for the phone on a payment plan. We save a lot of money by having T-Mobile over Verizon...

Most phone carriers don't work where I live. I'm not sure about T-Mobile. I know AT&T, and Verizon do. I use to have Sprint, and was on roam for 2 years. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom