::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafe report:

Shopping today for new jeans, taking advantage of a Kohl's coupon.
Got a date with my wife for ice cream this afternoon.
Saturday morning is the jam session at the church. I've got song sheets ready!
Tomorrow is also the annual "alpaca farm days" at four local places. I'll do the circuit and visit them all.
Sunday is juggling club....

Why is my feed all about Derek Jeter this morning? What is a walk off?

No sports can here but it seems that if a team is losing and it's the last inning and let's say the person hits the ball and a run scores, the game is over since the other team won't be up to bat. I think that's what happened. They were tied he hit the ball a runner scored and they won no need to finish playing.

Why is my feed all about Derek Jeter this morning? What is a walk off?

I understand the big deal is that last night was his last game as a NY Yankee. And, in his last game, he apparently performed very well. That's about the extent of what I know about sports....;)

We were out sight-seeing, and bought some sandwiches for ourselves, and mcnuggets for the kids in a town on Kauai to tide us over until supper on the ship. The prices there were identical to what we would've paid in Kentucky.

That really shocked me!

That must have been in Lihue. It's the only McDonalds I can remember on the island.

Rafe Report:

Tonight taking in my school's football game and catching up with an old high school friend who coaches the other team.

Tomorrow is a blood draw so my doctor can have proof as to how much I suck at diabetes management and then I'm correcting essays and then play time with my kiddo and then at night we're going to a lazer light show featuring "The Magic Tree House."

Sunday is a full day at the Ukulele Jams Festival. Taking a couple workshops with Herb Ohta Jr. and a beginning guitar workshop with Jon Yamasato. Lunchtime break watching James' basketball practice (luckily at the same site) and then the concert with Herb Jr. and Jon Yamasato.

Monday will be movie day in room B106 while Mr. Yoshida inputs the grades he's been blowing off for six weeks now.

Haha. I think I just needed some direction. How are things with you? :)

Just the usual school year craziness.

Being a dad.

And like you . . . well not as good as you . . . but I'm going to try to learn a few songs off book because I've been playing (more like not playing) long enough that people actually expect me to be able to play. You know what I mean.

How's the new job you mentioned on FB? What is the new job? Are you liking it?

I understand the big deal is that last night was his last game as a NY Yankee. And, in his last game, he apparently performed very well. That's about the extent of what I know about sports....;)

They do play this weekend but he may not play. That was the last home game of the season.

Just the usual school year craziness.

Being a dad.

And like you . . . well not as good as you . . . but I'm going to try to learn a few songs off book because I've been playing (more like not playing) long enough that people actually expect me to be able to play. You know what I mean.

How's the new job you mentioned on FB? What is the new job? Are you liking it?

Just stick with the g, c, am, f and you can play whatever.....

Just stick with the g, c, am, f and you can play whatever.....

I want to get good enough to learn songs with a little more flourish. I feel like I should play much better especially if I play my CR in public. I feel like I'm driving a Ferrari but I can't go anywhere that requires me to shift out of first gear.

I love my CR but I don't do it justice. Listening to the videos I have of some of the biggies playing it, makes me sad for the sounds that come out of it in my hands :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom