::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary. I think I have a problem with the term pedophile applying to every man that notices a woman that happens to be under 18.

I mean, it's just nature for some, not a sickness for all.

Come on boys, you've all noticed a pretty young girl. I mean, if you "notice" a girl at 17 you're a pedophile but at 18 you're not?

and the way the dress now, it's hard not to notice some of them.

wow. Disappear for a couple hours and become the topic of conversation ;)

No kids here. Just two "nephews" (but I think it may have been just one the last time 'round Poho-land) that we spoil rotten. They're the kids of some very close friends of ours, so we're not technically related, but we're their Uncles, as far as the kids are concerned. Adoption is in the (long term) plan once I finish up school.

I think I was "just married" the last time 'round. It'll be 3 years in October.

I am "honorary" uncle to our best friend's kids (that is, the wife of my asshole-ex-best-friend). They both call me Uncle Jon. Come to think of it, so does their mother...hmm.

Their father lost his honorary uncle status when he abandoned his entire family and all his friends. I never said anything, but I noticed one day that my kids just never referred to him as "Uncle Brian" any more. Just Brian. Amazing how kids pick things up...

Soo, BrewBrothers over on Cornelius Pass Road is great - they were really helpful to Sheryl when she went in there with my shopping list and they get great reviews on Yelp. They have a little brew pub or something like that on the back side of the building - they know their business.

Also, Mainbrew just off Sunset Highway at Helvetia Road is great too. They also have a pub next door to serve what they brew themselves...

I just read an article on Yahoo about Oregon being ranked number one in the US for being the best Beer State. Some day I'll make it up to the micro brew festival.

Oh gosh, please don't end up being everyone's maid. Most boy roommates are pigs and will take advantage of your kindness.
That's what I talked to the landlord about last night. The boys have done fairly well since I've been working on it. The other kitchen is awful.

Hey Sally, how many decades were represented at your reunion? That sounds pretty cool.

My birthday was wonderful! Took the family crabbing at Garibaldi, our favorite crabbing spot. There is a long public pier and we managed to grab the last spot at the end - usually the best spot. TONS of almost-legal sized males (females are never keepers). One female that was legal-sized, but as noted, she was released. Went home empty handed, but the most fun in crabbing is pulling up the rings and finding them full of crabs, legal or not. The weather was amazing. About 75 and sunny, almost no wind at all. There was a spectacular fog bank that just hovered in place less than a mile offshore. Never came closer, never drifted out to sea, never broke up. We drove North about 45 miles to Cannon Beach for dinner and that fog bank was consistent all the way.

Just a fantastic day with my favorite people.

Sounds like a dream day to me. Glad you had such a nice time.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Three non living, non ukulele things you would save if your house was on fire and physical strength was no barrier.

The .22 rifle that was passed down to me by my grandpa and my dad - personally, it's my most cherished possession.

The rest would be to help Sheryl grab the scrapbooks.

I don't think I could ever date a student/former student. I see them as children. Even as worldly as some of them try to be and appear to be physically, they still often act like children. I feel more like a protective relative.

I like to think I help them find their way to being responsible, good people.
Your wife would be pretty pissed off, too.

I'm weird. I mostly don't like fruit in my baked goods. Pancakes and waffles can have nuts, chocolate, carmel etc, but fruit? No. And I like my fruit like fruit, not all chopped up in goey sugary liquid.

Not weird. Everyone has their own tastes. I am sure my strawberry Belgian waffle obsession started from a restaurant called Pam Pam's in S.F. with my parents. They made amazing waffles. It is interesting the way foods can have good memories attached to them.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Three non living, non ukulele things you would save if your house was on fire and physical strength was no barrier.

My safe box, my banjo, and my trumpet.
But even all those things are replaceable. Which reminds me, I should get renters insurance.

Do you guys fish or anything while waiting for the crab pots?

Glad you had a great time!!

Nope, there's a lot of little herring in the part of the bay where we go crabbing, but to try to fish for them would mean fishing licenses as well as the shellfish license - not worth it. We get enough rings in the water that we can keep a pretty steady rhythm of pulling rings, tossing crabs back, adding Smelly Jelly to the bait bag, resetting the ring.

There were a lot of pelicans and cormorants out fishing yesterday, though! It's really fun to watch the pelicans dive on those schools of herring!

and the way the dress now, it's hard not to notice some of them.
I thought girls in Orange County wore skimpy clothes. On the North Shore, it is sometimes a challenge to actually see any clothing at all on the girls. I hate feeling like a perv but they are putting it out there. No wonder my niece usually gets 1000 Instagram likes for her beach photos. Most have scintillating comments from her friends like "Dat a$$ doe!". Nice.

I just read an article on Yahoo about Oregon being ranked number one in the US for being the best Beer State. Some day I'll make it up to the micro brew festival.

I drove over to the East side of the city last week for lunch with some old coworkers. I counted microbreweries and brewpubs (where the beer is brewed onsite): 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom