::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My birthday was wonderful! Took the family crabbing at Garibaldi, our favorite crabbing spot. There is a long public pier and we managed to grab the last spot at the end - usually the best spot. TONS of almost-legal sized males (females are never keepers). One female that was legal-sized, but as noted, she was released. Went home empty handed, but the most fun in crabbing is pulling up the rings and finding them full of crabs, legal or not. The weather was amazing. About 75 and sunny, almost no wind at all. There was a spectacular fog bank that just hovered in place less than a mile offshore. Never came closer, never drifted out to sea, never broke up. We drove North about 45 miles to Cannon Beach for dinner and that fog bank was consistent all the way.

Just a fantastic day with my favorite people.

Sounds like the perfect day!!

Dammit, I have to get you your roaster! Haunt my FB! Make creepy phone calls!

And...I just got a bunch of brewing stuff for my birthday! My buddy Josh at work also gave me over $100 of his old brewing stuff that he's outgrown - which is perfectly sized for me. I have room under my workbench in the shop. Very excited to get started brewing (I've done the Mr. Beer keg, but this all steps it up a notch!).

Its fun then in the end you get a nice beverage.

Soo, BrewBrothers over on Cornelius Pass Road is great - they were really helpful to Sheryl when she went in there with my shopping list and they get great reviews on Yelp. They have a little brew pub or something like that on the back side of the building - they know their business.

Also, Mainbrew just off Sunset Highway at Helvetia Road is great too. They also have a pub next door to serve what they brew themselves...

I think those were two I said as well!

It made me seriously consider whether a person should have a chance to be rehabilitated after serving their sentence for their crime. It makes it much, much more real when it's someone you thought you knew.

I started to question my earlier stance that child molesters should just die. It's a tough and taboo topic. I do still think repeat offenders need to be dealt with much more severely. It's a mental health issue that vicitmizes others.

And I really don't have enough knowledge about mental health issues to talk with any authority.

I know that statistically there is a high rate of repeat offenses.

I worked with the mentally ill for about 20 years and my take on it is this. There is a big difference between someone who is psychotic and doesn't have a handle on reality versus someone who displays deviant behavior that they know is wrong, but does it anyways. Just because someone has a "mental illness" that doesn't mean they can't do time for committing a crime. I've seen some low functioning patients that knew they could get away with anything short of murder because of their diagnosis.
Some mentally ill are bad people that know what they are doing is wrong and don't care, just like "normal" bad people.

So I peek my head in here for the first time in a long time and we're discussing:

Creepy teachers
Boobies
Homebrewing
Waffles
Beer
Boobies

Nothing has changed. Except my age. And the age of that old man, Bobby Curtis.
Aloha Willie!
I was just noticing your signature...
We went out to go hear some music one night and Imua Garza was in the audience, and the performer called him up to play a song. He played "Honeysuckle Rose" and his playing is fantastic. Later in the evening we were both waiting for the valet to bring our cars so I introduced myself and told him how much we enjoyed his performance. Tuck and Patti were playing in Honolulu that weekend and I told him that he would really enjoy hearing Tuck Andress play (he had never heard of him) - I told him he should really try to go, and he replied, "I would love to, but do you know who Allen Toussaint is? [I nodded yes] I'm playing with him that night." He gave me his phone and told me to put Tuck's name in there so he could look him up online later. Really nice guy.

Maybe I will change my mind when I'm older you never know.
But right now I'm 24 and the youngest I could date is 18. Which is the same age as my youngest brother. Knowing the maturity level of most 18 year olds, I don't see myself justifying that.

Men are good for only one thing until they're 30.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm getting a Mr. Beer kit for my birthday, hopefully the beginning of a new obsession. 'Cause that's what I need.

Aloha Willie!
I was just noticing your signature...
We went out to go hear some music one night and Imua Garza was in the audience, and the performer called him up to play a song. He played "Honeysuckle Rose" and his playing is fantastic. Later in the evening we were both waiting for the valet to bring our cars so I introduced myself and told him how much we enjoyed his performance. Tuck and Patti were playing in Honolulu that weekend and I told him that he would really enjoy hearing Tuck Andress play (he had never heard of him) - I told him he should really try to go, and he replied, "I would love to, but do you know who Allen Toussaint is? [I nodded yes] I'm playing with him that night." He gave me his phone and told me to put Tuck's name in there so he could look him up online later. Really nice guy.

Allen Toussaint is a fantastic New Orleans blues/soul/funk guy, and the author of lots of great songs. I have an Allen Toussaint Pandora channel that rox my sox off.

Allen Toussaint is a fantastic New Orleans blues/soul/funk guy, and the author of lots of great songs. I have an Allen Toussaint Pandora channel that rox my sox off.
His stuff is fantastic! I just thought it was cool that Imua really wanted to go hear Tuck & Patti, but was unable to because he was gigging with Allen Toussaint. Life is rough. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom