::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
/rant over today's 'pedophile' talk

You know folks, I've been reading through the day's posts back and forth about what makes a pedophile a pedophile, and it makes me a little...well...I'm going to come right out and say it...

Angry.

On a daily basis, I deal with real honest-to-god pedophiles. And since we're here I'll tell you what I'm talking about, and why I feel the way I feel. One particular 'man' I guess I have to call him, raped his girlfriend's 6 month old daughter. Hard to take, even for me, who has become pretty jaded by all the s** I've seen and dealt with in 24 years of combined jail/police/prison experience.

Then it ranges down to the ones that are locked up for having kiddie p*** that they've purchased, or websites that they cruised. There are some that try to say they put people in prison that 'mistakenly' went on one of those websites one time. Bullshit. The ones we house went to the sites thousands upon thousands of times. It's right on their hard drives. Or materials that's been found in their homes that they've either printed off or gotten in the mail. That's not a mistake.

I had a couple of guys that were going into the shower together after midnight. Both going into the shower together, and going into the shower after midnight are no-no's in the system. I didn't catch them, thank god, but I was given a tip what was happening. I brought both out to the office to tell them to stop. One was in his 60s, the other in his 20s. The older one did all the talking. He said he was trying to 'protect' the younger one.

Then he tried to tell me how that he was there 'just for viewing kiddie p***' and that he didn't have any victims, and woe-is-me garbage. I stopped him right then and there. I told him that anything he viewed and purchased had victims in it. If he didn't cause a demand for this type of garbage, there wouldn't be children (and I'm talking children) forced to do the things that he enjoyed looking at, whether he actively molested children or not. I was rather upset at this point, and told the two to leave my office.

Now, let's talk about the guy Gary was referring to. When the boom is about to come down on a pedophile, their favorite thing to do is to try to get the victim to feel sympathy for them, about how 'sick' they are, and if they're given a chance, they'll get help. Trying to save your ass any way you can is the 'human' thing to do.

Last--pretty 16 and 17 year olds in shorty-shorts and revealing clothes. Yep, they're pretty, and yep, they get my attention. But what gets my attention in the first place? The shapely body of a woman, most times seen from a distance. Or maybe bent over ten feet from me. But then as she stands up, or gets closer to me, I can see her face, and/or listen to her talk, and see her actions. Then I see the child in them. Slaps me back into reality really fast. Of course, I'm 47 years old. If, I was 22 or so, probably not. Yes, there is a difference in that case.

/end rant

I have progressive lenses already. I've conceded the fact that now they're necessary and not an option.

The work station is really because the stupid laptop monitor is so small I have to scroll to read a regular sized document. As an English teacher I can't work effectively if I can't see the entire document.

But yes, getting old sucks!

I finally went to progressives this year. Awesome. I was afraid they would be really hard to adjust to but it took all of one day.

This one's a bit complicated, mostly by embellished chords. You could stay on the basic chords?

Code:
[CENTER]You’ve Got A Friend
Carol King[/CENTER]

Intro: [G] A0 A2 [C] A3 A2 A0 [G] A2 A0 E3 [A] [B7]

When you're [Em] down and [B7] troubled
And you [Em] need some [B7] love and [Em] care [Emadd9] [Em*]
And [Am] nothin’ [Am6] nothin’ is going [G] right
[B7sus4] Close your eyes and [B7] think of me
And [Em] soon I [B7] will be [Em] there [Emadd9] [Em*]
To [Am] brighten up [Bm] even your darkest [Am9] night

You just [G] call out my name and you [C] know wherever I am
I'll come [G] running to see you a[Am9]gain
[G] Winter spring summer or [Gmaj7] fall [C] all you have to do is [Em7] call [G7]
And I'll [C] be there [Bm] [Am] you've got a [G] friend

[G] A0 A2 [C] A3 A2 A0 [G] A2 A0 E3 [A] [B7]

If the [Em] sky a[B7]bove you
Grows [Em] dark and [B7] full of [Em] clouds [Emadd9] [Em*]
And that [Am] old north [Am6] wind begins to [G] blow
[B7sus4] Keep your head to[B7]gether
And [Em] call my [B7] name out [Em] loud [Emadd9] [Em*]
[Am] Soon you'll hear me [Bm] knocking at your [Am9] door

I'll come [G] running running yeah yeah to see you a[Am9]gain
[G] Winter spring summer or [Gmaj7] fall [C] all you have to do is [Em7] call [G7]
And I'll [C] be there [Bm] yes I [Am] will....

Now [F] ain't it good to know that [C] you've got a friend
When [G] people can be so [Gmaj7] cold
They'll [C] hurt you yes and de[F7]sert you
And [Em7] take your soul if you [A] let them
Oh but [Am9] don't you let them [Am6]

I'll come [G] running running yeah yeah to see you a[Am9]gain
And I'll [C] be there [Bm] yes I [Am] will you've got a [G] friend [C]
You've got a [G] friend ain’t it [C] good to know you got a [G] friend [C] [G]

Where to start?

I see the, [G] A0 A2 [C] A3 A2 A0, as... a single strum on the [G] chord and then pick the A string open then second fret, next strum the [C] chord and the pick A string Third fret, second fret, open, and so on.

[Am6] = (2020)
[Am9] = (2030)
[B7] = (4320)
[B7sus4] = (4420)
[Emadd9] = (0422)
[Em*] = (0402)
[Em7] = (0202)
[Gmaj7] = (0222)
Some show [F7] as (2310) Your not playing the C note in this one (the 5 note of the chord). I usually play (2313)

Hopefully I got this close to right, and didn't lead anyone astray.

Last edited:
Good morning you beautiful ho-bags!

Good morning, slightly older Rev! How's the new year treating you?

Hubby is off to WI again to work on the cabin. I'm staying home to help mom and dad. Guess I better plan myself some meals. Its so nice how normally food just appears and dishes just disappear!!

I finally went to progressives this year. Awesome. I was afraid they would be really hard to adjust to but it took all of one day.

They are my first pair of glasses, it's taken over a year. I'm okay now but I still don't like to wear them outside when I'm walking, but that's slowly getting better too.

I have a fancy Braun wet/dry, self cleaning rechargable cordless electric razor too.

I like using both. My grandfather was a barbar and used to give me a "shave" when I was a kid so I think that's why I still really like bouncing back and forth between the convenience of an electric razor and shaving with a blade.

I bounce back and forth as well. They both have their good and bad points.

Break a leg, Sukie! You'll wow them!

All the talk of waffles and pancakes got to me. I made Lazy Girl Blueberry Pancakes (and bacon) this morning. Yum!

Break a leg, Sukie! You'll wow them!

All the talk of waffles and pancakes got to me. I made Lazy Girl Blueberry Pancakes (and bacon) this morning. Yum!

Gluten free pancakes are no good. And they make me sleepy. I may spring for some bacon, though.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Hey baby, what's your sign? Do you think it accurately describes you? Do you think astrology has any merit?

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Hey baby, what's your sign? Do you think it accurately describes you? Do you think astrology has any merit?

Aquarius. Fits me pretty well. I think there is something to it, not an exact science by any means, but I believe everything is connected in some way so it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom