::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafe Report:

Tonight I have to supervise a couple basketball games at my school and then maybe catch my son's basketball practice tonight if I get out in time.

Tomorrow is minecraft in the morning, James' basketball league at noon, and a trip to SF to visit my inlaws where I'll get to wander down the street to a ukulele "Beatles Jam" at a restaurant called Pa'ina.

Sunday I'm hitting the driving range in the morning and probably a Minecraft marathon with James after that.

Monday my life gets crazier for six weeks because it's golf season for high schools.

When does the student-supervised diet start?

Just take out your hearing aids!!!

You don't need those here.

There have been times when I've forgotten to put them in. When I'm home alone, it doesn't matter (unless the phone rings). It makes it harder for me to hear the dog, though.

Once in a while I'll forget to put them in, and then not notice it until my wife gets home. Once we start trying to talk I realize quite quickly that I'm without them....

When does the student-supervised diet start?

They are going to get the actual assignment to design a menu on Monday:

2,400 calories or less
45g carbs per meal
15g carbs per snack
And I've promised them to walk at least a mile a day to start with. As my fitness increases so will activity.

So the lifestyle change, and that's what I've been telling them, probably starts the week after that.

2,400 calories or less
45g carbs per meal
15g carbs per snack
And I've promised them to walk at least a mile a day to start with. As my fitness increases so will activity.

So the lifestyle change, and that's what I've been telling them, probably starts the week after that.

I've been checking out some of those "body weight" exercise routines on YouTube and I'll probably start there.

I don't want people to roll me back into the water if I fall asleep on the beach in Hawaii :)

Solving cryptograms online. I had never looked for them online before, but had always enjoyed them in the newspaper. I have a knack for them, I guess....

I've been checking out some of those "body weight" exercise routines on YouTube and I'll probably start there.

I don't want people to roll me back into the water if I fall asleep on the beach in Hawaii :)

Jumped on the scale this morning and it groaned.

Back up to 251 but I knew that already by the way I feel. That means I packed on 30lbs in three years. I was down to 218 when JT, Mike the Chin and YAM inspired me to lose weight.

Back up to 251 but I knew that already by the way I feel. That means I packed on 30lbs in three years. I was down to 218 when JT, Mike the Chin and YAM inspired me to lose weight.

I've been trying to lose weight for a while. It's been discouraging how long it has taken.

Whoa man, get a grip and get it going in the right direction. I'm down to 210 after having maxed at 224. The killer was when I was having trouble wearing pants that were 3 sizes too big for my self image. The BMI calc says I need to get below 185. I'll be out on my bike when Spring comes. Meanwhile I'm walking a lot and drinking and eating less.

I haven't weighed myself in a long time. I know it wouldn't be good. :( I lost some weight years ago when Mim ran the UUBL thread, but I'm sure I've regained all of that, and then some. Too much time sitting, too little control eating....

Whoa man, get a grip and get it going in the right direction. I'm down to 210 after having maxed at 224. The killer was when I was having trouble wearing pants that were 3 sizes too big for my self image. The BMI calc says I need to get below 185. I'll be out on my bike when Spring comes. Meanwhile I'm walking a lot and drinking and eating less.

The bigger picture is that I'm down from 324lbs about 13 years ago now.

I'm a big wide boy. Always had broad shoulders and a thick chest. 230lbs(ish) feels good. At 218 I felt weak and tired, but that might have been because I lost the weight too fast.

I can't see myself under 200lbs unless I'm exercising fanatically . . . and I don't know where I'd find the time 10 months out of the year.

I think I ought to go break out the bathroom scale and see just how bad the news is. It's been so long since I've used it, it prolly needs a new battery. If I remember right, the most I've ever weighed is around 250 (254?). I sure hope I haven't crept up past that! I'm 6' 4", and I'd be thrilled to get down to about 210, although the doctor's chart may want me at less than that. I wonder what my BMI is?....

I bought a new scale this week and just got back from swimming at the Y for the 3rd time this week. I'm going to lose at least 10 pounds before spring.

I think I ought to go break out the bathroom scale and see just how bad the news is. It's been so long since I've used it, it prolly needs a new battery. If I remember right, the most I've ever weighed is around 250 (254?). I sure hope I haven't crept up past that! I'm 6' 4", and I'd be thrilled to get down to about 210, although the doctor's chart may want me at less than that. I wonder what my BMI is?....

Ugh. The stupid scale didn't need a battery, and it lies.

No, it doesn't lie, but I wish it did. It says 234.5, which gives me a BMI of 28.5, which lands me solidly in the "overweight" category. The BMI calculator says that I'd need to get down to 205 lbs. just to drop out of the overweight category, and that would be just barely under.

Sounds like I need to lose 30 freakin' pounds. Oh, yay....

There have been times when I've forgotten to put them in. When I'm home alone, it doesn't matter (unless the phone rings). It makes it harder for me to hear the dog, though.

Once in a while I'll forget to put them in, and then not notice it until my wife gets home. Once we start trying to talk I realize quite quickly that I'm without them....
You could hear Beer if he was in the house. He's lonely out there Don.

It about a 3 month season, March into June. So far we've had watches and warnings but no actual tornados where I live. It seems like there will be a few storms that we have to pay close attention to. The warning systems week pretty good. The severe weather seems to pass to the south or well north. I'm in Leavenworth and there hasn't been a confirmed tornado here in living memory. We do get great thunderstorms.
I did time in Leavenworth.

2,400 calories or less
45g carbs per meal
15g carbs per snack

Tell them "no white". Cut out anything that's white. White flour, sugar, hydrogenated anything, white rice....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom