::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been meaning to ask for the longest time...

What format is it that you post the songs in? And I've noticed that Don says he saves them...is it because of that format, or does he just copy and paste them somewhere on his computer?

I don't know what they call the format. I'm sure there is a name for it. There's a name for everything, whether or not we know it. Chords in the text maybe?
I assume Don cuts and pastes? I know I do that a lot. a while ago I started saving them as just simple text files, so I can copy and past them into anywhere I want easily.

i copy and paste Rob's songs into a TextEdit file on a Mac. One great thing about Rod's format is that with the chords in line in the text I can change to a larger and more readable font, increase line spacing, and edit out the background color to save ink.

Thanks for all the songs Rob.

I don't know what they call the format. I'm sure there is a name for it. There's a name for everything, whether or not we know it. Chords in the text maybe?
I assume Don cuts and pastes? I know I do that a lot. a while ago I started saving them as just simple text files, so I can copy and past them into anywhere I want easily.
Might be right of course here but if you mean chords in the text, they're called In line chords as opposed to above the line chords because they are more compact and so take up a lot less lines if you are trying to have the whole song on a single PDF page. We used to call it busker style because the whole song was on one page, lyrics chords and all. Having the chords and lyrics on the same line is much easier to format on a computer.

Might be right of course here but if you mean chords in the text, they're called In line chords as opposed to above the line chords because they are more compact and so take up a lot less lines if you are trying to have the whole song on a single PDF page. We used to call it busker style because the whole song was on one page, lyrics chords and all. Having the chords and lyrics on the same line is much easier to format on a computer.

I like it that way. That's means I edit a lot to get them that in that format. Sometimes it feels like I'm reinventing the wheel.

I know the feeling. All of my KaraUkey songs use the inline format. Some of them take hours and hours to get right.

Word. And I like to put a chord indication for each measure, even if the chord is the same for three measures, so I can feel the pacing of the song.

Yeah, but something tells me it's like five bucks a night, or something like that. I could live in conditions like that if I were by myself.

Wife and kids (especially my youngest one) couldn't. But for me personally, to travel the world, and see things that most people have only read about, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I think it was $2 a night. Last time I was there I was awoken in the middle of the night by an earthquake. I opened my door at the same time as the guy across the hall, he looked at me and said, "hey, I met you in Delhi, was that an earthquake?", I said "I think so" and we both went back to bed. The next day I learned all the locals flooded out into the streets for hours in case the buildings collapsed.

No projects per se...just chores to get done before Thanksgiving...wash windows, clean the fridge, you know...dumb stuff. My lights aren't finished yet, but it's too cold. I am so hoping the weather warms up by the end of the week.

I've been meaning to ask for the longest time...

What format is it that you post the songs in? And I've noticed that Don says he saves them...is it because of that format, or does he just copy and paste them somewhere on his computer?

I copy and paste them. There must be over 200 songs in the Rob Files, now....

I think it was $2 a night. Last time I was there I was awoken in the middle of the night by an earthquake. I opened my door at the same time as the guy across the hall, he looked at me and said, "hey, I met you in Delhi, was that an earthquake?", I said "I think so" and we both went back to bed. The next day I learned all the locals flooded out into the streets for hours in case the buildings collapsed.

Yeah, well you guys were fresher than everybody else the next morning.

Sometimes ignorance is truly bliss. ;)

Feels like my heart is skipping beats. Palpitations I suppose.

My cardiologist tell me to ignore them because, according to him, I have a very healthy heart. Still screws with my head though.
Been there. Done that. It's scary!

Caffeine, lack of sleep, stress - all can contribute to it.

Wait. Something isn't right here. I've had tons of caffeine (in chocolate but have since stopped), lack of sleep for forever, and TONS of stress lately (like the last three and a half years). My heart hasn't done this for a good while.

Maybe the combination of all three healed it! :p

Service announcement: This test was performed by an overstressed, sleep deficient, chocoholic. Do NOT try this at home . . .

Been there. Done that. It's scary!

Caffeine, lack of sleep, stress - all can contribute to it.

Wait. Something isn't right here. I've had tons of caffeine (in chocolate but have since stopped), lack of sleep for forever, and TONS of stress lately (like the last three and a half years). My heart hasn't done this for a good while.

Maybe the combination of all three healed it! :p

Service announcement: This test was performed by an overstressed, sleep deficient, chocoholic. Do NOT try this at home . . .

I take medicine for this (PVCs; premature ventricular contractions), and have for years. The medicine controls it very well. It's actually a pretty alarming sensation when it is severe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom