::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day Sunshines!

My tails for the sideshow come in today!

They are a BIG risk for me, and I spent more than I wanted, but knew by the time I spent the gas and time to drive an hour and a half to the nearest big city to try to find some, I might as well just order something a little nicer online and be done with it.

But, the measurements are juuuuuust right, down to the 1/2 inch. So if I was off by 1/2 inch I may end up with this effect:

tumblr_lz3bzcXrmq1qdzj0yo1_500.gif

Miss Mim, you've been talking about this "sideshow", but I don't know exactly what you mean. Maybe you explained it on FB, or at TBUG, but I didn't hear about it until just recently. What is it?

Miss Mim, you've been talking about this "sideshow", but I don't know exactly what you mean. Maybe you explained it on FB, or at TBUG, but I didn't hear about it until just recently. What is it?

Oh! MAILMAN! I am so sorry! It is ALL OVER Facbook! But let me fill you in here!
Ok... So... this is the story!
A bunch of my uke friends were all talking about going to MUF and I thought, "I WANT TO GO! Let me get a vendor table!" Then I find out they are full! So they say, "Hey, lets have a show in Indy the Thursday before and then go to MUF"! So we get a venue and then it turned into Joni promoting it because she is local and has super amazing connection. THEN, a bunch of stuff came up for her and I was like, "Can I take it and run with it?" So, me and E get talking and it turned into "The Sideshow"! I want to accent up-and-coming DIFFERENT artists in the ukulele world! Not the same-old same-old that you see all the time at uke fest, etc. So, it turned into Mike "Uncle Elvis" Hind headlining. Then Seeso and Greg Golden have a duo they are starting called Drop Ready that is Reggae... WHAT?! ... seriously! Who does that on ukulele?! Well, they do and it is AWESOME! Then Denise and Meghan Martin are the openers as "The Jonless Martins" and they also are AWESOME and if you know Denise she can be a little irreverent! So I am excited about that!

So... why I need tails... E made a poster, and it is me with a TopHat and Tails presenting the Sideshow, so that is the "shtick"! NOW... it has sort of taken on legs and people are asking it to come to their town, so it is something I hope to do every 2 months or so in different towns accenting some of the local ukulele talent and some of my artist friends like Uncle Elvis, Seeso, Greg Golden, Colin, etc. Just depending on who can come, who is local, etc.

Ok, so here is a little video teaser I made!!! And I will upload and post the graphic for you right now!

OK, here's another minor key song. I took it up a fourth to Dm. Hopefully I didn't mess it up too bad.

Code:
[CENTER]Wild world
Cat Stevens[/CENTER]

[Dm] [G7] [C] [F] [Bb] [E7] [A] [A7]

[Dm] Now that I've [G7] lost everything to [C] you
You say you [F] wanna start something [Bb]new
And it's [E7] breakin' my heart you're [A] leavin'
[A7] Baby, I'm grievin'

[Dm] But if you wanna [G7] leave, take good [C] care
I hope you have a [F] lot of nice things to [Bb] wear
But then a [E7] lot of nice things turn [A] bad out [C] there

Chorus:
[F] Oh, [C] baby, baby, it's a [Bb] wild world
[C] It's hard to get [Bb] by just upon a [F] smile girl
[C] I'll always re[Bb]member you like a [F] child, girl [Gm] [A7]

[Dm] You know I've seen a [G7] lot of what the world can [C] do
And it's [F] breakin' my heart in [Bb] two
Because I [E7] never wanna see you a [A] sad girl
[A7] Don't be a bad girl

I hope you make a [F] lot of nice friends out [Bb] there
But just re[E7]member there's a lot of bad [A] and be[C]ware

Chorus:
[C] I'll always rem[Bb]ember you like a [F] child, girl [Gm] [A7]

[A7] Baby, I love you
I hope you make a [F] lot of nice friends out [Bb] there
But just re[E7]member there's a lot of bad [A] and be[C]ware

Chorus:
[C] I'll always rem[Bb]ember you like a [F] child, girl [Gm] [A7] [Dm]

It seems to start in the Key of Dm, and rolls along through the intro and two verses. At the end of this he uses a C chord, Which is the five chord (turnaround chord) for the key of F. Then we seem to be in the key of F for the chorus. Lovely, then at the end of the chorus the last chord is A7, Which is like turnaround chord to get you back to D or Dm in this case. F and Dm are relative keys (same chords) ( kinda like fraternal twins). The mechanics of the song seemed interesting, at least to me.

Good song, Rob. I miss Cat Stevens, although he's still around, somewhere.

I found this song already in the Rob Files from 4/13, but in a different key. That version starts with a Gm. I'm not sure where I got it - if you had posted it, I would have expected blue text, and it was black. The formatting was a bit different than yours, too. Not all of the songs in my Rob Files came from you; it became a repository for all of the songs I've collected on my computer. I just checked, and there are 312 items in there now....

It is me! Isn't it the CUTEST!

SideshowProfilePic.png

The poster... the best poster ever! And it looks awesome in a frame!

Sideshowposter1-1.jpg

Oh! MAILMAN! I am so sorry! It is ALL OVER Facbook! But let me fill you in here!
Ok... So... this is the story!
A bunch of my uke friends were all talking about going to MUF and I thought, "I WANT TO GO! Let me get a vendor table!" Then I find out they are full! So they say, "Hey, lets have a show in Indy the Thursday before and then go to MUF"! So we get a venue and then it turned into Joni promoting it because she is local and has super amazing connection. THEN, a bunch of stuff came up for her and I was like, "Can I take it and run with it?" So, me and E get talking and it turned into "The Sideshow"! I want to accent up-and-coming DIFFERENT artists in the ukulele world! Not the same-old same-old that you see all the time at uke fest, etc. So, it turned into Mike "Uncle Elvis" Hind headlining. Then Seeso and Greg Golden have a duo they are starting called Drop Ready that is Reggae... WHAT?! ... seriously! Who does that on ukulele?! Well, they do and it is AWESOME! Then Denise and Meghan Martin are the openers as "The Jonless Martins" and they also are AWESOME and if you know Denise she can be a little irreverent! So I am excited about that!

So... why I need tails... E made a poster, and it is me with a TopHat and Tails presenting the Sideshow, so that is the "shtick"! NOW... it has sort of taken on legs and people are asking it to come to their town, so it is something I hope to do every 2 months or so in different towns accenting some of the local ukulele talent and some of my artist friends like Uncle Elvis, Seeso, Greg Golden, Colin, etc. Just depending on who can come, who is local, etc.

Ok, so here is a little video teaser I made!!! And I will upload and post the graphic for you right now!

Thanks, Miss Mim! That sounds like SUCH a great idea! I'd love to be able to see the sideshow some day....

Good song, Rob. I miss Cat Stevens, although he's still around, somewhere.

I found this song already in the Rob Files from 4/13, but in a different key. That version starts with a Gm. I'm not sure where I got it - if you had posted it, I would have expected blue text, and it was black. The formatting was a bit different than yours, too. Not all of the songs in my Rob Files came from you; it became a repository for all of the songs I've collected on my computer. I just checked, and there are 312 items in there now....

When I went to register it in my file I found it there. Maybe you posted it? I don't know.
I didn't remember doing it before. But then I'm not sure what I did three days ago.

When I went to register it in my file I found it there. Maybe you posted it? I don't know.
I didn't remember doing it before. But then I'm not sure what I did three days ago.

Because I started with your list. I'm putting dates by each song now.

Who had a project this weekend? I'm clean/sort/purge/store -ing ... Will be forever, it seems.

This was celebrate Emma weekend. She got to choose dinner and open a few presents on Friday (her actual birthday), then family party and more presents Saturday, then yesterday we had a marathon Monopoly game in the afternoon (one of her presents), followed by movie night for me, Sheryl, and Ben. It was a really nice weekend!

This was celebrate Emma weekend. She got to choose dinner and open a few presents on Friday (her actual birthday), then family party and more presents Saturday, then yesterday we had a marathon Monopoly game in the afternoon (one of her presents), followed by movie night for me, Sheryl, and Ben. It was a really nice weekend!

Poor Jovie's birthday is Thursday and that is also the day of the Sideshow. We are celebrating Tuesday some, then she gets a party the next weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom