::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob and Kim, RevWill etc that can explain this to me, what is the difference between a pentatonic scale and a major scale?

My guess is that the pentatonic scale plays the notes in 5ths (the I, II, III, IV, and V) leaving out the other notes in the major scale?

Thank you

I just learned this Monday. You skip the 4th and 7th notes of the scale, I think. So there's no half steps.

Or someone will correct me.

Rob and Kim, RevWill etc that can explain this to me, what is the difference between a pentatonic scale and a major scale?

My guess is that the pentatonic scale plays the notes in 5ths (the I, II, III, IV, and V) leaving out the other notes in the major scale?

Thank you

Pentatonic scale is the major scale without the fourth and the seventh notes. For C pentatonic that would be, C D E G A. If you play those five notes in any order they sound alright together.

Pentatonic scale is the major scale without the fourth and the seventh notes. For C pentatonic that would be, C D E G A. If you play those five notes in any order they sound alright together.

so if someone were playing a song in the key of C I would be able to solo using any of the notes in the pentatonic scale of C?

so if someone were playing a song in the key of C I would be able to solo using any of the notes in the pentatonic scale of C?

It should work. At least in theory. I'm not very experienced at that. Now what I told you was the major pentatonic. There is a minor pentatonic scale also and there may be more.

My entire ability to solo on guitar is based on knowing the pentatonic scale in several keys. It doesn't work everywhere, but it will get you through most of the blues and a lot of rock n roll.

It should work. At least in theory. I'm not very experienced at that. Now what I told you was the major pentatonic. There is a minor pentatonic scale also and there may be more.

This stuff can make my head swim sometimes. It's easier to think of a major and it's relative minor as fraternal twins, probably brother and sister. Same notes starting in a different place, and think of them as a loop. C's relative minor is Am. They each have the same seven notes. C D E F G A B = C major scale. A B C D E F G = Am minor scale.
C pentatonic is C D E G A, and Am pentatonic should be A C D E G.

What messes with me is Eb major's, relative minor is Cm. Cm pentatonic is C Eb F G Bb. Which I guess would make Eb major pentatonic Eb F G Bb C.

I hope I didn't make any mistakes here. I wrote this, right out of my head. And sometimes it's a mess up there. At times I need a dry erase board to mark it down and see it first.

Hi Damon! According to Google translate, you said The lodge was!!:D Somehow, I'm doubting Google translate!

I did not know Google translate did Hawaiian. Oh wait, I guess they don't then. :) E Komo Mai means WELCOME!

Ok, since you mentioned it.

Code:
[CENTER]Jesus Loves Me
recorded by Brenda Lee
written by William B. Bradbury, Anna B. Warner, Reba Ware[/CENTER]

Jesus Loves Me
recorded by Brenda Lee
written by William B. Bradbury, Anna B. Warner, Reba Ware

[C] Jesus loves me this I know
[F] For the [C] bible [G7] tells me so
[C] Little ones to Him belong
[F] They are [C] weak but [G7] He is [C] strong

[C] Yes Jesus [F] loves me
[C] Yes Jesus [G7] loves me
The [C] bible [G7] tells me [C] so

[C] Jesus loves me still today
[F] Walking [C] with me [G7] on my way
[C] Wanting as a friend to give
[F] Light and [C] love to [G7] all who [C] live

[C] Yes Jesus [G7] loves me
The [C] bible [G7] tells me [C] so.

Thanks, Rob! Never heard that last verse before. Neat!

I'm Jan, by the way . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom