::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In basic training, years ago, the bathrooms had no stall doors, and no stall walls, either. There was just a row of toilets, standing against the wall, opposite a row of urinals. So much for privacy. And it was the only bathroom available, for six weeks. There'd be no waiting that one out, Jon....;)

My reason for never going into the military: revealed.

The newly remodeled men's room at my local Wegman's has one of those now. I normally like them, but this one got mounted on the wall such that the TOP of it is only about 16 inches off the floor. WTF?

How else are you supposed to dry your ass after splashing toilet water all over it?

attachment.php
View attachment 75408

It's much more purple in person than compared to the image on my monitor.

I don't know if it's going back to Ko`olau (which is down the street) or HMS or someplace else. I just hope I get to play it SOMETIME.

That's very nice of you. My dog won't willingly get in a car with anyone, not even me. He hates cars and won't go within 20 feet of a parked car. He also has a history of getting sick in the car, although that has improved. Apparently, he likes chasing cars.

I once had a route that had a portion that was delivered to curbside boxes from the truck. The rules permit doing such deliveries with the door open, which is much easier, given that certain precautions are taken. Every day, as I approached a certain house, I had to slide my door shut to keep their dog from climbing in to go for a ride. He thought it was great fun - but it was really tough to get him to get out....

To be that paranoid about being seen, or whatever... I wonder if they were doing something illegal, in there. That is silly paranoid.

Especially when you understand how vision works - I can place my eye near a small hole and see a lot of what is outside - but if you are even just a foot or two away from that hole, you really cannot see much. I think people equate how much they can see through the crack from inside the stall as those outside, but it is really quite a different view. I just hate the stalls with no doors. I went to a boarding school for two years that was like that.

"Prolly" is one of those non-words that grates on my nerves. Contractions require apostrophes to indicate the missing letters.

What if there are extras?

pro'''lly

do you get rid of one when they add a letter?

pro''lly

or put it at the end?

prolly'

Especially when you understand how vision works - I can place my eye near a small hole and see a lot of what is outside - but if you are even just a foot or two away from that hole, you really cannot see much. I think people equate how much they can see through the crack from inside the stall as those outside, but it is really quite a different view. I just hate the stalls with no doors. I went to a boarding school for two years that was like that.

I've never seen them with no doors. I can't imagine anyone being comfy with that.

None of the elementary/middle/high schools I went to had doors on the stalls in the boys' bathrooms.

I can proudly say that in 12 years of education I never once went to the bathroom at school.
Yeah, when you LIVE at the school though, eventually you have to use it.

I don't know. I was once offered a line of coke off of a toilet seat in a bar.
How about off the top of a server in the data center? Yikes. And it was a former boss. I gave him a ride to the office because he said he had been drinking and could not drive. I did not report him to HR, but told him I did not want that in my car for the ride home. "No problem!" was his reply. It was a weekend emergency, apparently not necessary for him to stop partying because he had me to do the work. He left the company soon after and I was promoted to his job.

Wow - I taught confirmation class several years ago - I was a hard-nose. Told the kids they had to show they were mature enough to understand the commitment they were making. I also told them they wouldn't pass the class just because their parents wanted them to - it was the kids' decisions and if they chose not to join, they had my blessing in that decision and if they chose not to work in the class then my recommendation to the session (governing board) would be that those kids not be received as members until they'd had some time to mature.

He also whacked their fingers with a ruler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom