::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 7:am it's 55 degrees here. Supposed to be in the 70's today.

Good morning kiddies.

It's still interesting. The machines will probably be worn out long before they pay for themselves.
Green no matter what it cost? Just a guess on my part.
Sort of like ethanol? Without the green.

Wind farms out here are very successful.

Sort of like ethanol? Without the green.

Wind farms out here are very successful.

From what I understand, they make people miserable, who live around them. I sure wouldn't want to look out my window and see them! I know I sound selfish. I guess I'm a little selfish!

From what I understand, they make people miserable, who live around them. I sure wouldn't want to look out my window and see them! I know I sound selfish. I guess I'm a little selfish!

They are monstrosities. Two years ago when I was going to UWC, I drove by them at sun rise. It was like being in a sci fi movie.

I think each blade is 90 feet long or something like that. So they must be three hundred feet to the top of the blade when it's at it's highest point. And when you drive through on I 65 it looks like there are hundreds of them, covering farm fields, as far as you can see.

This is just a personal experience. YMMV.

The ones here are out in the desert in areas where no one lives.

They are monstrosities. Two years ago when I was going to UWC, I drove by them at sun rise. It was like being in a sci fi movie.

I think each blade is 90 feet long or something like that. So they must be three hundred feet to the top of the blade when it's at it's highest point. And when you drive through on I 65 it looks like there are hundreds of them, covering farm fields, as far as you can see.

I wonder how loud they are?

I always thought they were kind of cool, but I don't think I'd want to live under one. Got to wonder how many birds they kill too. They do help break up the drive to Chicago.

These are ours. My state has 3 different farms. This one is the closest to me. It's been there since the 80's. I kinda like how the look driving by them but no one lives out there.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Gorgonio_Pass_Wind_Farm

Around here they're in the areas that are barren and hilly. Not populated at all except for freeways, some cows and the birds that crash into them.

So.

You like winter in California?! :)

I have never been in CA. I like weather that is chilly enough to wear long sleeves if I want. Or short sleeves. When it comes to heat, I prefer dry heat. Humidity really irritates me.

I have never been in CA. I like weather that is chilly enough to wear long sleeves if I want. Or short sleeves. When it comes to heat, I prefer dry heat. Humidity really irritates me.

I own zero long sleeve shirts unless they're dress shirts. I have sweatshirt hoodies that seldom get used and mostly light, windbreaker material "jackets" and one (stupid) NorthFace Jacket for the snow . . . which I have to drive four hours to see. Today I have on beige khaki slacks and an aloha shirt . . . pretty much my standard teaching attire. My most worn out shoes are my "slippahs" and usually my classroom is colder than outside.

This is pretty much my winters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom