::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here they're in the areas that are barren and hilly. Not populated at all except for freeways, some cows and the birds that crash into them.

I don't think they are in heavily populated areas, here, yet. But I have seen people on tv really complaining about them and being too close. I can't remember where they were, though. It may not have been Indiana. I do think people reside on the outer edges of wind farms.

It's from London, but this should give you an idea.

Wow.

I've golfed near the outer edge of one around here and you can't even hear them. They got rid of the type that spin fast around Northern California. The slow, steady type are more durable and have less impact on the environment. They experimented with a type that looks like the old egg beaters too, but those were noisy. Most of the ones around here are single blades that turn slowly.

Where I live, I can hear grain dryers. Esp at night. And the closest is like a half mile away, as the crow flies. I also hear random loud booms at night. And occasionally I hear a dull thump. This is always late night when I'm outside with my dog.

One of the downsides of ministry is that people don't want to imagine you corrupted in any way. I don't even get the traditional bottle of booze at Christmas. The Anglican tradition is going to hell.

There's a traditional bottle of booze at Christmas? Where has this been all my life???

Oh, I have another gross story. I was visiting Kauai. They were re-doing this bridge by Kapa`a, and the main [only] road goes over said bridge. It was reduced to one lane, so there was lots of traffic as only one direction could move at a time. I was feeling the call, STRONGLY, and was trapped in the car. I could see, just after the bridge work, there was a porta potty in the parking lot of the beach, so I figured if I could just make it there I would be fine. Somehow I made it, I opened the door and to my extreme horror it looked like someone had ladled chili all over the inside. All around the seat area, the floor, EVERYWHERE. I managed to not vomit somehow and immediately backed away, then ran down to the beach, took off my shirt and jumped into the ocean for relief.

EW lcl

This is a video I saw on Facebook. It is an Asian travel plunger...and is horrifying. SO. Much. Could go wrong!

That is BRILLIANT. And yes, full of possibilities for horrifying malfunction. But Brilliant!

I really hope that was just miso soup in that bowl.

It's a good day. Wednesdays I don't work. Laying in bed watching the morning news and sipping coffee. It's a bit chilly but my two chihuahuas are keeping my feet warm. Getting a massage at 10 then off to the dreaded mall with my son. He's having a meeting there regarding some classes he's taking. I'll wander around while he's there.

Then the fun starts. I'm meeting up with my siblings at my parents house. All five of us are gathered to clean out the house this week. Ugh. Not liking this one bit. My sis and brother came into town Monday. I called yesterday to see what was going on. Ugh. Nothing good. This is hard on all of us. Emotions running high. I called my other brother who's local, I was afraid he hadn't been contacted. (He and my oldest sister who is executor don't get along too well)He hadn't. He was pissed and snapped at me. I let it go on the phone but it pissed me off. Being the youngest I just want everyone to get along.

My dog does much better in the car than he does in the truck. I use to take him all the way to Speedway to go to the vet because that's where I'm from and I'm familiar with that vet. And he would make its all the way to Speedway and lose it. I found a vet a little closer. We use to have a dog that loved riding in the car, but if we went in the direction of the vet, he would get nervous. He would panic so bad that he would shed a ton of hair, within 5 minutes.

Hudson doesn't care one way or the other in the car - but he is THRILLED when we get to the vet. Like I said, this dog is absolutely positive that everybody is his very best friend. Even the ones who stick needles in him.

Pssst. Lifeguard poop in the ocean ALL the time.

See, this bothers me - because how can you be sure you can escape your own loaf? Currents, waves...you know. I can see your own little project rearing up on the wave and coming back to assault you.

See, this bothers me - because how can you be sure you can escape your own loaf? Currents, waves...you know. I can see your own little project rearing up on the wave and coming back to assault you.

Some poop floats too.

IT WASN'T ME. It was my cousin Beth when we were kids at the lake. We laughed and swam as fast as we could away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom