::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION OF THE DAY

At what point did you stop thinking of yourself as a girl/guy and start thinking of yourself as a man/woman? Was it an age, or a stage of life, or an accomplishment?

QUESTION OF THE DAY

At what point did you stop thinking of yourself as a girl/guy and start thinking of yourself as a man/woman? Was it an age, or a stage of life, or an accomplishment?

When I became a father.

Still don't feel like a grown up at times.

My job title actually means "grownup." It still surprises me.

I do a lot of adult things but it takes a lot of effort.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Some days I think I am still waiting on that, but for the most part I think it was after my first child was born.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

I'll be sure to let you know, if and when that happens....;)

I think we must be in sync today. I'm about to pull the trigger to rebuild my work computer as well. It has gotten very weird on me...

Yeah...that whole thing didn't work out so well. Computer died completely - I think it was trying to let me know that it wanted to die. It did. I'm on a new computer today.

8.1 is just a bit maddening, but cooperating so far.
I just installed Office 2013 as well.
I may have to some actual work today, but so far have managed to avoid it.

The image I ended up with on the new computer had 2010. Updating to 2013 now. As well as getting my admin tools all reinstalled. Grr.

I keep passing milestones that should make me think of myself as a man, but I still feel like a goof.

My job title is Elder, but I'm a rather juvenile Elder indeed.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

VERY honest here - at age 46 I still hate using the word man to describe myself. I'm just a guy.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

I supose when you are personally responsible for others, would be the answer.

I still think of myself as a "guy". I'm assuming you mean young?
Although reality sets in on occasion.
The only exception is when someone tries to treat me like a child, then my 60+ years gets upset.

The whole man or guy? thing is weird. I think it follows some kind of bell curve. Sometime between 16 and 40 we have to "man up." We play the part. We do stupid things because we think it's what a man should do. After a while we see the damage we're doing to self and others. It stops being rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom