::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our pastor volunteers at the school across the street. We don't have any new kids in our church because of it, but who cares? He's not there looking for fresh meat, he's there because he can read to kids who often don't have people at home who will do it. It makes him feel good and it's the right thing to do. You go, Willie! The schools need all the volunteers they can get; tell the parishoners who have a problem with it to shove it up where the sun don't shine.

yah, what he said.

Here you go!

Goslings_ROW989588615.jpg

a little to cute to mix in a glass.

I am a bit confused as to why anyone would criticize that, but then I realize some people will criticize anything.

Church people will criticize their pastors for anything. Seriously.

I'm sure Pere can attest that church people can get sick, never tell anyone, then criticize the pastor for not showing up. I'm not exaggerating.

If you're out visiting shut-ins, you should have been in the office. If you're in the office, you should've been at the nursing home. If you're at the nursing home, you should've been with youth somewhere. Round and round you go.

Some church people complain like they're getting paid to do it. On commission.

Sigh.

Good afternoon hos.

Kids are watching a video for culinary so I had time to catch up.

Church people will criticize their pastors for anything. Seriously.

I'm sure Pere can attest that church people can get sick, never tell anyone, then criticize the pastor for not showing up. I'm not exaggerating.

If you're out visiting shut-ins, you should have been in the office. If you're in the office, you should've been at the nursing home. If you're at the nursing home, you should've been with youth somewhere. Round and round you go.

Some church people complain like they're getting paid to do it. On commission.

Sigh.

Yep.

They do it like they're paying for the privilege. The less they pay the more entitled they imagine they are.

And you forgot youth group, covered dish supper, walk-in weddings, and the "friends" who are trying to bend the ministry to their own ends.

Yep.

They do it like they're paying for the privilege. The less they pay the more entitled they imagine they are.

And you forgot youth group, covered dish supper, walk-in weddings, and the "friends" who are trying to bend the ministry to their own ends.

The church people next door to us never seem especially nice, it's like a private club or something.

Church people especially. Every last one of them thinks she or he is your boss because they put 2 bucks in the plate.

I'll add that because they put $2 in the plate and maybe .20 of it filtered up to the denominational level, they also feel like the boss of the people who work in the office.

*grump* (Did you know I single-handedly destroyed an entire denomination with my very presence as a staffer in the youth ministry office who'd been on the payroll less than a year? Or so I was told...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom