::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the last party at the homestead. It starts at 4 and will go very late, I'm sure. I am making the food and taking it over. Doing a burrito bar, similar to chipoltle. I baked 11 dozen cookies last night. Bought 20 lbs of marinated carne asada and pollo asada to BBQ. Cooking black beans with chorizo and salsa. Spanish rice and brown rice. Bought cases of beer, sodas and champagne. Guacamole, salsa, cheese, hot sauces etc. no idea how many folks are coming. If we run out we'll order pizza.

We will play lots of music, we all are musicians. We will laugh, cry and dance, I'm sure.

I have been a sobbing mess these last few days. The prep and cooking of food is good for me. Keeps me distracted.

Today is the last party at the homestead. It starts at 4 and will go very late, I'm sure. I am making the food and taking it over. Doing a burrito bar, similar to chipoltle. I baked 11 dozen cookies last night. Bought 20 lbs of marinated carne asada and pollo asada to BBQ. Cooking black beans with chorizo and salsa. Spanish rice and brown rice. Bought cases of beer, sodas and champagne. Guacamole, salsa, cheese, hot sauces etc. no idea how many folks are coming. If we run out we'll order pizza.

We will play lots of music, we all are musicians. We will laugh, cry and dance, I'm sure.

I have been a sobbing mess these last few days. The prep and cooking of food is good for me. Keeps me distracted.

I feel for ya. Hope everyone plays nice.

From Sally's Post said:

Sounds like the UWC?

I have a whole week off the week after my birthday. Hubby does not have much vacation time left. I mentioned that I might just go by myself to see a friend, and he started pouting and telling me that I don't have to go somewhere every single month. It's amazing how wrong one man can be.

I have a whole week off the week after my birthday. Hubby does not have much vacation time left. I mentioned that I might just go by myself to see a friend, and he started pouting and telling me that I don't have to go somewhere every single month. It's amazing how wrong one man can be.

Take it easy I'll be there in two hours, hopefully.

I'm in a "travel light" mode right now. Where ya going? Or just covering your bases for anything that may come up?

Just looking forward. Since I camp at UWC (bring camping equipment) and always fly southwest (two 50lb bags are free to check) I'm looking at the big ones.

I hope to make it to Bermuda someday.

Oh Freeda. There are so many different bags to choose from on their site. Lots of older models on sale.

Does the fact that I'm able to order luggage without fretting about the price take the sting out of selling my folks house? Maybe a little.

We are investing most of it. But I'm holding back a bit for fun.

Oh Freeda. There are so many different bags to choose from on their site. Lots of older models on sale.

Does the fact that I'm able to order luggage without fretting about the price take the sting out of selling my folks house? Maybe a little.

We are investing most of it. But I'm holding back a bit for fun.

I believe in 10% fun money from any "windfall" type of thing. Like tax returns and such.

When my grandma's estate settled, all of her children went on a trip to Europe together. My aunts, my parents, and my sisters all went.

I'm really glad that they did, because with the health my mom is in now, it is unlikely that she will make any international trips in what is left of her life, and traveling is her favorite thing - or perhaps the fantasy of it more than the reality, since she has only had that one big trip.. I grew up on Rick Steves travel shows.

I just cannot even express how glad I am that she got the chance to see those things that she dreamed of for so long. Life is so very short.

on the other hand, they didn't invest anything. My dad has a decent pension, and they both have social security, but having a little pad would not have been a bad thing.

And I'm imagining Jon going back and forth between us and a Honda Insight forum.

Nah, I don't follow Insight forums any more. I did when I was deciding whether to buy the car in the first place, but those people are crazy...

The other forums I follow lately are fountain pen forums - Ben and I are into them. But I don't have friends there like I do here - I just read the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom