::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been dealing with a medical issue that needs minor surgery (nothing real serious) Looks like my best option is to fly to Bangkok and have it one there, after airfare it's still going to be a fraction of the cost of having it done here.

Good luck. Everything will work out. Hugs, etc....

You will be fine by June, correct? I already told me new assistant I would be gone then and that it is non-negotiable.

Been dealing with a medical issue that needs minor surgery (nothing real serious) Looks like my best option is to fly to Bangkok and have it one there, after airfare it's still going to be a fraction of the cost of having it done here.

Goodness. How much is a flight there?!

Still waiting on this salad.

Question for anyone who takes or has taken uke lessons. What do you think is the optimum method for practise? I'm doing it in 20-30 chunks throughout the day, it prevents me getting frustrated. Would you say this is going to be different for each individual or is there a tried a day trusting formula that can help?

I practice and play. The stuff I'm practicing is often far from satisfying. I work on it to get better. I take a break to play things I like and know pretty well. My whole point of learning ukulele is to enjoy the music I make for myself. I can't let "practice" take the fun out of it.

I practice and play. The stuff I'm practicing is often far from satisfying. I work on it to get better. I take a break to play things I like and know pretty well. My whole point of learning ukulele is to enjoy the music I make for myself. I can't let "practice" take the fun out of it.

Well, I couldn't agree more. I started the Uke so I could sing, and plunka, plunka, plunka is good enough for that. I'm learning other stuff too, but it's nice to have something fun too.

Play a happy tune. :eek:ld:

I practice way more than I play. But I am slowly starting to play a little bit. And then I gotta keep up with the songs I do know so they are playable. I find I prefer to go for it for at least and hour at a time. But sometimes I'll work on it for 30 minutes, take a break, do 30 more minutes, take a break and then maybe do some more. Once I sit down though, I can play for hours -- especially if I'm having fun. Right now I'm learning Equator, a Jake song. I don't really like it and it's hard to sit still. I suppose it will show tomorrow at my lesson. I'm not sure there is a right way or a wrong way to practice. All I know is that the teacher will know if you practiced or not. One cannot cram for ukulele lessons. It doesn't work...at all. It's so hard to just play when there is so much I need and want to learn.

*Sigh* Every time I read stuff like this I get mad about the US health care "system".

If I practice/play for an hour I want to go for 2. It's easier to stop playing at half an hour than an hour.

*Sigh* Every time I read stuff like this I get mad about the US health care "system".

It's infuriating that you can work hard your entire life and be treated without mercy by corporate hospitals, then the government's solution is mandatory corporate insurance that people can't afford.

It's infuriating that you can work hard your entire life and be treated without mercy by corporate hospitals, then the government's solution is mandatory corporate insurance that people can't afford.

Sorry to hear about this, Mike. Take care of yourself, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom