::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always try to play with those guys (we get that call about once every 3-4 weeks). The last one was so dumb I couldn't even play with him. I told him so.
I had one guy call me an idiot after I told him I was aware this was a scam. I then said, "Well I know for a FACT now because no one who actually worked for Microsoft would call their customer an idiot." Then he hung up.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

You are going to become immortal, but you will be allowed to choose your apparent age. Keeping in mind that your face, body, and hair will be the same FOREVER, what age do you choose? Extra points if you post a pic of your eternal age.

20. I would love to find a picture. I was in excellent shape, worked out 5 days a week, and had plenty of hair. Those were the days!

I will end my streak with well wishes for Mainland Mike. Hope it all works out ok for you!

It's infuriating that you can work hard your entire life and be treated without mercy by corporate hospitals, then the government's solution is mandatory corporate insurance that people can't afford.

The whole thing is infuriating. Complete health care should be a right for all. I believe it's financially sound (preventative medicine is much cheaper than treating the un- and underinsured in emergency rooms), but I also believe it's a moral obligation of a civilized country. I have outstanding insurance because I work for the company that insures me - but where would we be if all the farmers, artists, and small business owners and their employees quit what they were doing so they could work for corporate America so they could have an adequate insurance policy? Why should people who contribute SO MUCH to the country be penalized just because they don't choose to work for the man?

I mean, this is an enormous oversimplification of the whole thing. Enormous! And I don't really know that people want to debate it here...but that's my take on the whole thing. Our country as a whole - corporations, politicians, individuals - just doesn't care enough to make sure everyone - from the very richest to the very poorest - has adequate medical care.

The whole thing is infuriating. Complete health care should be a right for all. I believe it's financially sound (preventative medicine is much cheaper than treating the un- and underinsured in emergency rooms), but I also believe it's a moral obligation of a civilized country. I have outstanding insurance because I work for the company that insures me - but where would we be if all the farmers, artists, and small business owners and their employees quit what they were doing so they could work for corporate America so they could have an adequate insurance policy? Why should people who contribute SO MUCH to the country be penalized just because they don't choose to work for the man?

I mean, this is an enormous oversimplification of the whole thing. Enormous! And I don't really know that people want to debate it here...but that's my take on the whole thing. Our country as a whole - corporations, politicians, individuals - just doesn't care enough to make sure everyone - from the very richest to the very poorest - has adequate medical care.

You had me at "infuriating".. but you know you're preaching to the choir :D

Kaiser, right?

I grew up in the KFH/KPMG system. Never had a reason to think we received anything less than good care. One of my high school girlfriends is a Kaiser physician. Our boys were given great care in the system. Their pediatrician had been Head Resident in the University of California San Francisco before going into practice with Kaiser Permanente Medical Group. Moving to Kansas we tried Kaiser but here it was really just another insurance company. They left the market the next year. I was completely at a loss to know how to select a physician once we left the system. Fortunately, there was a physician in my congregation who was really good, until he retired.

Kaiser is the closest thing to single payer healthcare in the US. I loved it.

Hey Jon,
Just to let you know:

I ended up buying your ex-peanut from a guy on UU and sending to someone (an Australian) I met on the trans-Siberian train! Kinda funky how it has done such a round-a-bout trip :D

Of course; it was because I knew that Mim had set it up in the first place.

Have you seen that stat floating around that says in the 50's the average CEO made 20X their avg. worker's salary! And today's CEO's make 1,200X their avg. worker?

The numbers might be inflated, but I feel that the greed of the ultra wealthy really is behind many of our societal problems.

Have you seen that stat floating around that says in the 50's the average CEO made 20X their avg. worker's salary! And today's CEO's make 1,200X their avg. worker?

The numbers might be inflated, but I feel that the greed of the ultra wealthy really is behind many of our societal problems.

Exactly.

And..I would like the same health care that Congress gets.

I was a bit surprised that no one said anything about my Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D. references I made yesterday. Maybe I'm the only one watching the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom