::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive!

(although my youtube name is a dead giveaway) ;-)

Yeah I come and go. Been a bit obsessed with trying to learn French for the last few months so haven't been so uke focused. Still playing though. :)

A
Salut Gavin!
Au fait, je parle français. Si tu as besoin de quelq'un pour practiquer ton français, j'y suis!

I have a ppt that I use. It goes over my background, where I grew up and went to school and previous jobs and then I transition in to my teaching philosophy and what we will be covering.

Anything else I should talk about? I have ten minutes.

"and now I will play ukulele for the remainder of the evening."

I also enjoyed Paul, the alien movie.
Want to see Guardians of the Galaxy but no extra $ lately.

Guardians of the Galaxy was a wonderful late summer surprise. My gf and I went to see it to pass the time, before the hype had built up. We though, "oh, another comic book movie." We had a great time, it's been a while since I saw a movie that was just plain fun, and was full of laughs without being full of jokes.

I have a ppt that I use. It goes over my background, where I grew up and went to school and previous jobs and then I transition in to my teaching philosophy and what we will be covering.

Anything else I should talk about? I have ten minutes.

Having been to 9 thousand BTSN's for my four kids, I'd say show your fun side. Teachers might think professionalism is what parents are concerned about but I remember those few teachers that showed their human personal side. Anyone can be force fed schooling, but real teaching with passion and a heart must come from a human being that loves his job. Be enthused and fun. Show them it's not all serious and bookish in your class.

Having been to 9 thousand BTSN's for my four kids, I'd say show your fun side. Teachers might think professionalism is what parents are concerned about but I remember those few teachers that showed their human personal side. Anyone can be force fed schooling, but real teaching with passion and a heart must come from a human being that loves his job. Be enthused and fun. Show them it's not all serious and bookish in your class.

Good to hear because I get nervous and revert to how I teach. It's "Mr. Yoshida" not me and I hide behind a lot of humor. Last year one of the sessions was like a stand up routine and the parents actually clapped a the end. The problem is that I have less and less filter as I get older. I have to watch myself.

A conversation with James last night.

Papa, what is 8+7?

No, you have to show me the work.

There is no work, 8+7=15

::heavy sigh:: This is how you do it: eight plus seven is ten plus five because you borrow two from the seven to make eight a ten and now the seven is five so you have 10+5=15

Common Core. It's how the publishing companies get rich off of tax payer dollars.

Papa, what is 8+7?

There is no work, 8+7=15

::heavy sigh:: This is how you do it: eight plus seven is ten plus five because you borrow two from the seven to make eight a ten and now the seven is five so you have 10+5=15

Common Core. It's how the publishing companies get rich off of tax payer dollars.

How 'bout, 8+7=?
Well take one away from eight and you have two sevens, which is 14 then add the one back in and you have 15.
Sounds like someone trying to justify their pay. Maybe they have a BS degree?

Papa, what is 8+7?

There is no work, 8+7=15

Insanity. Really.

How 'bout, 8+7=?
Well take one away from eight and you have two sevens, which is 14 then add the one back in and you have 15.
Sounds like someone trying to justify their pay. Maybe they have a BS degree?

But then you gotta know 7 + 7 is 14.

Some prior knowledge would be required, yes.

I think the point maybe learning how to visualize the problem. To make it simpler to grasp. And to use this type of process to solve other problems.

But what do I know. Most you folks gots a lot more book learning than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom