::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you put your name up for a transfer?

I could, and in a couple of years I will. I plan to transfer to the Pacific Northwest Conference and pastor until retirement in the Seattle area. Can't do it until the youngest (with the trainer wife) graduates from high school. Until then it's not an option.

When you say 'family-sized', are you talking attendences of 20-30?

That's the size church I grew up in, and everything was so political.

Anywhere from that size to under 100 in average weekly attendance. The church I'm serving now is quite dysfunctional in a lot of ways. I'm working hard to reverse trends that started long before I got here, and reached near-hopelessness by the time I got here. There was a mass exodus of the under-50 crowd toward larger congregations in town, and it's still rippling.

The youth leader from one of those large churches asked me one day, "who is the youth leader at your church?" I answered, "I am." The truth that I did not speak was, "No one, because all of our youth left us to go to your church."

OK, back to the business at hand. How's about a cheerie morning song?

Code:
[CENTER]Mad World
Tears for Fears[/CENTER]

VERSE 1
[Am] All around me are [C] familiar faces, [G] worn out places, [D] worn out faces
[Am] Bright and early for their [C] daily races, [G] going nowhere, [D] going nowhere

VERSE 2
[Am] And the tears are filling [C] up their glasses, [G] no expression, [D] no expression
[Am] Hide my head I want to [C] drown my sorrow, [G] no tomorrow, [D] no tomorrow

CHORUS
[Am] And I find it kind of [D] funny, I find it kind of [Am] sad
The dreams in which I?m [D] dying are the best I?ve ever [Am] had
I find it hard to [D] tell you, „cos I find it hard to [Am] take
When people run in [D] circles, it?s a very very [Am] mad [D] world, [Am] mad [D] world

VERSE 3
[Am] Children waiting for the [C] day they feel good, [G] Happy birthday, [D] Happy birthday
[Am] Made to feel the way that [C] every child should, [G] sit and listen, [D] sit and listen

VERSE 4
[Am] Went to school and I was [C] very nervous, [G] no one knew me, [D] no one knew me
[Am] Hello teacher tell me [C] what?s my lesson,
[G] look right through me, [D] look right through me

CHORUS X2
[Am] And I find it kind of [D] funny, I find it kind of [Am] sad
The dreams in which I?m [D] dying are the best I?ve ever [Am] had
I find it hard to [D] tell you, „cos I find it hard to [Am] take
When people run in [D] circles, it?s a very very [Am] mad [D] world, [Am] mad [D] world

Thread Information
There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)
Ukulelerob, jwieties

Good morning Jwieties.

I could, and in a couple of years I will. I plan to transfer to the Pacific Northwest Conference and pastor until retirement in the Seattle area. Can't do it until the youngest (with the trainer wife) graduates from high school. Until then it's not an option.

God laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom