::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a fellow UU'er Sunday at the Uke Jams festival and he was talking about how he bought a uke and he hadn't told his wife yet (two months). And then he made some similar comments later when I was talking about wanting to buy a guitar. He asked me if I had asked permission to get the guitar and I said my wife wouldn't mind at all that in fact she would encourage the purchase if it would make me happy.

He laughed and obviously thought I was joking so I called Mika, put her on speaker and said "Hey honey, I might stop off and buy a guitar on the way home."
She knew I had been looking at the Taylor.

"Don't buy the cheaper one just because (Baby Taylor vs GS Mini) it saves money, buy the one that sounds better and get some milk for James on the way home."

Kelvin?

Mind blown.

(We're discussing relationships in class and it got me thinking about people in relationships that are kind of in fear of each other)

Nice story, Gary, and it raises a good point. If you can't have an honest conversation with your partner about how you spend money, what's that say about your relationship? I'm super-biased, obviously, but musical instruments are one of the best possible ways you can spend your money:

--If treated properly, they never wear out and never need to be replaced
--The cost of maintaining them is minimal... a polishing cloth, new strings occasionally, possibly new frets once in a lifetime (for steel-string, anyway)
--Learning music teaches both discipline and creativity
--Playing music with others builds social relationships
--Playing music is a great way to relax and maintain your mental health
--If times get tough, most musical instruments will retain somewhere between 60-100% of their value, and can be turned back to cash. Some will actually appreciate in value.

How many of our purchases can we say that about? I'm about to plunge huge dollars into replacing the HVAC system in my house. It's absolutely necessary, but after years of collecting musical instruments, it's hard spending that much money on something that will be on the trash heap 20 years from now. Wish I could spend that money on a coupla Moore Bettahs, or a shelf of Compass Roses, all of which will still be making lovely music long after I'm gone.

So Pissed!

I think I'm a victim of identity theft. Just got a letter saying someone is trying to open a credit card in my name and that they wanted further verification. When I called to say it wasn't me they tried to get my full socialsecurity number so I made one up and they said "thank you, that coincides with what we have for you."

I tried to get more information from them, but our call was "dropped." Just got off the phone with equifax to put an alert on my credit and also called my credit card companies in an effort to get in front of this.

So. Angry.

Will Equifax get the alert out to the other credit reporting agencies, too? Transunion and Experian?

The other night someone barely able to speak English called claiming to be Microsoft Windows. They said our computer was 'sending them signals' and it was infested with viruses. They instructed me to please move to the computer and turn it on, and they would instruct me how to let them control it so they could fix it, free of charge.

I asked them for the IP address of the computer it was coming from, and 3 seconds later I got a dial tone.
I always try to play with those guys (we get that call about once every 3-4 weeks). The last one was so dumb I couldn't even play with him. I told him so.

My beer is plopping along. If all goes as planned I am entering it into a comp on 11/15

I did a gravity reading on my ESB last night - 1.010, down from 1.074. But man, it is the trubbiest beer! The bottom inch is all goo and yuck. It will be a challenge to rack to secondary (which I wasn't going to do, but it needs it!). Tasted good though - kind of yeasty, but I think that's just from having my thief get too deep into the yuck.

I did a gravity reading on my ESB last night - 1.010, down from 1.074. But man, it is the trubbiest beer! The bottom inch is all goo and yuck. It will be a challenge to rack to secondary (which I wasn't going to do, but it needs it!). Tasted good though - kind of yeasty, but I think that's just from having my thief get too deep into the yuck.

Holy cow. I just did the calculation. That's 8.6% alcohol. That's going to be a potent beer!

They're applying for credit online at places like Amazon, JC Penny, Lowes, etc. I'm just worried that one of these dumb companies eager for new credit customers issues them a card with very little information.

Spent a few hours calling my card companies and also the credit bureaus. Hope I'm in front of this.

I got a call from my bank once asking if I really used my debit card to buy pizza in Rio De Janeiro. The answer was NO.

Will Equifax get the alert out to the other credit reporting agencies, too? Transunion and Experian?

The automated message said they would also notify the two other credit bureaus. Got two phishing scams today allegedly from credit card companies needing my SS number to verify my account.

I really hope I'm ahead of this.

I got a call from my bank once asking if I really used my debit card to buy pizza in Rio De Janeiro. The answer was NO.

Two weeks ago I was pumping gas at Costco and Mika was across town purchasing some groceries at the same time. She got denied and I got a call while I was leaving Costoc. AX is really on top of theft.

New topic.....
Help!!!!

Why does my iPad not send out mail any more? Nothing, and I mean nothing has changed. But all the mail does is go to an unsent area and I can't do anything with it, short of deleting it. I THINK I can delete it but I haven't tried. Grrrrr.....no sugar in the koolaid, that's for sure.

Rich is in Erie? Sometimes my wife and I go there just to have Chick-Fil-A. We go in time for lunch, spend some time in Presque Isle state park, go back to CFA for dinner, and then drive home. Have I mentioned that we love CFA?

I think he's the udder way, Philly.

I could have gotten a baby Taylor but it was the Taylor Swift model for $250.00.

Going to wait until I find a GS Mini for $300.00 or less.

(I'm going to use change I saved by emptying my pockets into a jar; it usually goes to James when it's full but this time I'm keeping it :) )
I have a Taylor 312 concert. In the right hands it's beautiful. You will love the GS Mini. It is only a couple inches shorter than mine.

I was talking to a fellow UU'er Sunday at the Uke Jams festival and he was talking about how he bought a uke and he hadn't told his wife yet (two months). And then he made some similar comments later when I was talking about wanting to buy a guitar. He asked me if I had asked permission to get the guitar and I said my wife wouldn't mind at all that in fact she would encourage the purchase if it would make me happy.

He laughed and obviously thought I was joking so I called Mika, put her on speaker and said "Hey honey, I might stop off and buy a guitar on the way home."
She knew I had been looking at the Taylor.

"Don't buy the cheaper one just because (Baby Taylor vs GS Mini) it saves money, buy the one that sounds better and get some milk for James on the way home."

Kelvin?

Mind blown.

(We're discussing relationships in class and it got me thinking about people in relationships that are kind of in fear of each other)

We've been together over 43 years. Our way of looking at things have melded together. Not to say we agree on everything, after all we are individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom