::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, it seems CGDA is "standard" tuning for a tenor guitar. Many other tunings are used, including DGBE (baritone uke), and GCEA ("standard" uke) tuning. The guy in our group uses DGBE....

I would agree that CGDA is the most common tuning, although there aren't a lot of standards when it comes to tenor guitars. DGBE is popular because the scale length on a tenor is similar to the standard six-string, so any guitar player could play a tenor in DGBE immediately. I have to admit, I've never understood why you would move from a six-string instrument to a four-string instrument that sounds exactly the same but is missing the two bass strings. At least with CGDA you get a very different sound.

Well, this must be the place. Just ignore me, I'm just here to find out what the heck's going on. sukie invited me, so, if you don't like me here, blame her. :eek:ld:

Welcome, Dick! Always room for one more.

And ignore you? Not likely. In a few days you'll be begging us to ignore you. :D

From what I've read, it seems CGDA is "standard" tuning for a tenor guitar. Many other tunings are used, including DGBE (baritone uke), and GCEA ("standard" uke) tuning. The guy in our group uses DGBE....

C G D A is fifths, like a mandolin. Which I believe is G D A E
Which means our chord shapes wouldn't work. I guess you'd have to use mandolin chord shapes.

Well, this must be the place. Just ignore me, I'm just here to find out what the heck's going on. sukie invited me, so, if you don't like me here, blame her. :eek:ld:

Did you go back and read all the chapters to get up to speed?

:) Welcome DUD(e)

C G D A is fifths, like a mandolin. Which I believe is G D A E
Which means our chord shapes wouldn't work. I guess you'd have to use mandolin chord shapes.

Yes and no. Mandolin closed chords are nigh on impossible on the longer scale length of a tenor guitar, so you need to use yet another set of chords (like on tenor banjo).

Ugh! If I was there I'd see if I could figure it out, but they're hard to troubleshoot online! Might be worth a trip to the genius bar...

I thought someone got this already.

Mine did that once. I just power cycled it and it was fine afterwards.

Yes and no. Mandolin closed chords are nigh on impossible on the longer scale length of a tenor guitar, so you need to use yet another set of chords (like on tenor banjo).

So you'd need your fingers to be twice as long as they are?

So you'd need your fingers to be twice as long as they are?

Well see the mandolin closed position G chord below (third diagram in). That's hard enough to play on a 13" scale mandolin, but unplayable on a 23" scale tenor guitar. So you need options!

basic-chop.jpg

Where'd everyone go?

I got time to kill before I need to go to the doctors and get yelled at for being overweight and not managing my blood sugar well enough.

Where'd everyone go?

I got time to kill before I need to go to the doctors and get yelled at for being overweight and not managing my blood sugar well enough.

I was supposed to go tomorrow, I decided I didn't want to get yelled at, so I rescheduled.

I was supposed to go tomorrow, I decided I didn't want to get yelled at, so I rescheduled.

I started using an app to track meals and blood sugar.

When I entered my stats it read: You are obese.

Now I've got electronic devices ridiculing me.

Actually, I have to take my wife to the Airport in the morning, and I was afraid I would not make the appointment.

She is flying to Oklahoma for son #1's latest graduation. It seems like all they do is graduate, and get promoted in the Air Force.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom